Oktoberfest MTG Draft

NemikanNemikan Icrontian
edited October 2009 in Community
If people are interested, I'd love to get a draft going. It will be casual, about the same as the one we played at epic.

Post here if interested!!! I'll work to set it up but it will be an "unofficial" as far as magic goes.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    OH MANNNNN.... I might really have to fight to come now. :D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    In.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    at first I read this thread as:

mgd.jpg

and was gonna kick some ass. but alas

so...nem, you're not on the fence anymore about coming to ICOK'09 eh?
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    so...nem, you're not on the fence anymore about coming to ICOK'09 eh?

Nope. See main post!
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    i thought this was supposed to be a party? with like, drinking and dancing and fun things? :P
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    poofie wrote:
    i thought this was supposed to be a party? with like, drinking and dancing and fun things? :P

You should know by now, an Icrontic event does it all ;)
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited July 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    mgd.jpg

Take your wheat piss, not even real beer, beer home sir. It doesn't belong here, even if used to berate another individual's poor taste.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    That's not wheat piss. It's not even a wheat beer.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited July 2009
    Oh yeah, that's right
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Yeah man, if you want to party- you bring the High Life.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Need some beer champagne up in this mah!
    edited July 2009
    poofie wrote:
    Last year we had Ryder DJing, a keg, a costume party... and Settlers of Catan twice a day. Don't judge us. :p
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I'll draft with you guys.

I don't think anyone even needs to set it up. We each bring three boosters of whatever we want/can find (excepting joke cards and 10-card boosters) and about 20 of each land, then draft and play round-robin.
    edited August 2009
    Yes we could get our own cards, but then they would be normal price instead of a discount for buying a box :P I have no problem buying a box and having everyone pay me back for the packs (or just keeping them all for myself if no one does..) and then we have extra packs for anyone who on the spot decides they want to join on in as well. The plan is to draft the new set which comes out October 2nd.

You guys can choose which you would prefer though... worse come to worse I can buy a box and plan to split it with anyone who wants to :P
    edited August 2009
    I don't think we'll have enough people for a whole box. I mean: right now, there is only three of us planning to draft.

Also, I personally prefer playing with a mix of old and new sets, makes it more interesting, and even at full price, it's still only about $11/person. I'll go along with whatever you two want to do, however.
    edited August 2009
    Everyone needs to start with the same set every round. Getting the first pick in a 2010 pack is not the same as getting the first pick in an Ice Age pack.

Personally, I'd like to see us each pay for 4 or 4.5 packs so there is a pot to win :D
    edited August 2009
    Not a bad idea. Everyone puts in a bit extra, we get some prizes and have fun playing a bit more competitively. Whatever we do, I plan to bring a bunch extra so we have wiggle room on what we plan to do. Worse come to worse I bought extra cards! O noes?
    edited August 2009
    Oh man.... Since I missed the draft thingy I have no idea how that works. I am still trying to work out how to get there. ;)
    edited August 2009
    Lincoln wrote:
    Everyone needs to start with the same set every round. Getting the first pick in a 2010 pack is not the same as getting the first pick in an Ice Age pack.

True, but since you're always the first to pick from your own packs, it would be your own fault if you didn't like your choices. :)

I guess I need to read up on all the new mechanics.
    edited September 2009
    I have now purchased a box of Zendikar for the draft! I'll be saving it for oktoberfest and everyone can just pay me the $12 for 3 packs. We can figure out prizes and stuff like that at Oktoberfest.
    edited October 2009
    Ok, time to get this thing a bit more organized. Going to start making a list, post if interested. We have room for about 9 people, 8 if we have prizes, or people can get their own cards before hand allowing us to fit more people. At worst we can always run to the store to grab more packs :)

Packs will $3 each, 3 for drafting unless we want to pay for a prize pool.
    So $12 to draft.
    (assuming some people are playing that haven't posted)

Drafters:
    1. Nemikan
    2. Lincoln
    3. CB
    4. Bindle
    5. Ardichoke
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I actually am not planning on playing.
    edited October 2009
    So, we're going to draft while the rest of the party is at K-brew, right?
    Colgere wrote:
    I actually am not planning on playing.

That's just silly.
    edited October 2009
    I cannot attend this year... I'd love to say I have ZERO cash but I look forward to having zero money... :(
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I want in the draft.
    edited October 2009
    Sounds good your in. Plan is to play on Saturday, ideally in the morning after bindle arrives. We will figure it out once we all get there :)
    edited October 2009
    Btw: those have have cards.... bring them for trading :P
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I only have a couple of decks worth of cards... but bring them I shall