G1 essentials

jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Science & Tech
I just got a G1 off of ebay. It only came with a charger. What essential software should I have to make my G1 experience awesome? What are some good site to visit? anything really that would help.

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Twidroid if you're a twitterer.
    Advanced Task Manager - lets you kill off background processes that are sucking down your precious memory and cpu cycles
    Gmote - Lets you control your desktop from your G1, also lets you stream music/video to your G1 from your computer. Really cool app.
    Power Manager - Lets you set up profiles (charging, battery power, low battery, etc.) to help maximize battery life
    MovieNext - If you have a Netflix account... lets you manage your queue from your phone.
    Astrid - ToDo list, syncs with Remember The Milk which also syncs with google calendar
    ShopSavvy - Wouldn't say this is essential... but I like it for when I'm in a store and I see something that I don't need to get right then but might want to order. Especially for DVDs, CDs, games, etc.
    Places Directory - Find restaurants, Banks, Bars, Gas Stations, Hotels, etc. that are near you. Very handy especially if you travel.

That would be the apps that I've found to be essential. Your mileage may vary. Everything can be found in the market of course
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    The one app I've paid for ($1.99) is Close Everything 2. Using CE2 has increased my battery life by about 3 hours.
    edited July 2009
    I'm pretty sure Advanced Task Manager does everything Close Everything 2 can do and more. I ended up returning CE2 due to this fact
  • jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    great, thanks guys. but first mem card
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    memory cards are dirt cheap
    edited July 2009
    edited July 2009
    eh, screw newegg. I constantly get bad stuff from them. Rather go to best buy
    edited July 2009
    It's not really NewEgg's fault if stuff is DoA... they can't really be expected to do QC on all the parts they ship out, that's the manufacturers job.
    edited July 2009
    not when you get a hard drive with out a static bag, packed in Styrofoam :tim:

That would be newegg all the way :-)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    LOL.