Sierra Games on Steam!

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Gaming
They just released the Space Quest and Kings Quest collections for Steam. I <3 Steam!!

/tie fighter... NOW
/needs more Quest for Glory

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2679/

Comments

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    ...oh...oh no. All seven King's Quest games? You'll never see me again :-/
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Annes wrote:
    ...oh...oh no. All seven King's Quest games? You'll never see me again :-/

Haha. I've been trying to keep myself from pushing button on them for days now.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Haha. I've been trying to keep myself from pushing button on them for days now.

I saw it and it took me about 30 seconds to get Space Quest. Kings Quest is next!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Kings Quest and Quest for Glory! Foul temptresses!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I don't see Quest for Glory...

With these classic Sierra games to replay, and the old PS1 FF games that I finally decided to play through, it will be awhile before I need to buy any 'new' games.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    He didn't say they included Quest for Glory.. he said "Needs more Quest for Glory"
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Awesome. I need more King's Quest in my life.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Those of you who want King's Quest I & II and Quest for Glory II for free and in glorious VGA...

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

just saying
    edited July 2009
    * Some games in this collection may run under Windows XP 64 and Vista 32/64, but are not officially supported

hrmmmmm
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    ...and in other news, if you have the original games, they still work under DOSBOX which is what is being used to run the Steam versions...and the eleventybillion other moneygrab CD re-releases of these games.
    edited July 2009
    I'm willing to pay $15 to not have to fuck with 20 pounds of floppy disks.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    ^this

I'll happily re-pay $15 to buy a game I already bought 15 years ago just for convenience factor alone. People spend more than $15 on friggin' pepsi and shit in a week.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2009
    I already grabbed the space quest series... same reason as above. I get the whole collection in one easy-to-access launcher.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    ...and I've bought it. I'm a fail.

Actually also thinking about buying this as a gift for my mother. She's becoming quite the game player in her retirement years. She loved these games when we were growing up.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Steam FTW. Just need Quest for Glory now. :)

Btw, just for kicks, here's the last Old School is Cool blog I did (reminds me that I need to do another). Guess which game i covered? :D

http://icrontic.com/forum/blog.php?b=222
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Steam: Please add Quest for Glory series, Colonel's Bequest, Leisure Suit Larry series, Conquests of Camelot, Police Quest series, Manhunter series and just for shits and giggles, Diablo with Hellfire.

<3 fatcat
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2009
    They might be able to get sierra's consent to distribute hellfire, but will Blizzard really consent to Diablo being there? I dunno...
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    I'm overjoyed to see so many Icrontians loving these old, though absolutely fantastic games.

I actually managed to stumble across the boxed Space Quest collection in a Big Lots for six bucks about two months ago. So, of course, after gibbering madly to a friend (which he no doubt took as a sign of my complete withdrawal from sanity) I hurriedly plunked down the cash to purchase said collection. Seriously though, I found one of the best gaming steals, next to the Orange Box and the Fallout 1 & 2 pack that I bought in a Wal-mart about seven years ago for ten bucks, in a friggin' Big Lots.

*I too have been trying my hardest to abstain from buying the King's Quest collection, and the re-release of Monkey Island. It's hard, so very, very hard.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2009
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    Steam: Please add Quest for Glory series, Colonel's Bequest, Leisure Suit Larry series, Conquests of Camelot, Police Quest series, Manhunter series and just for shits and giggles, Diablo with Hellfire.

<3 fatcat

Leisure Suit Larry Series was the bomb! I remember playing and passing it when I was 12 lolz!!