Good guide for aqua reflection...thingy

BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseurThere's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
edited January 2004 in Internet & Media
Like the title says, anyone know of a good guide that can also be used with Photoshop CS?

Comments

• croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    I can try and duplicate it and then tell you all the steps used ... :P
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited January 2004
    I used 5 layers (Not including the original) in Photoshop 7. Mine is on the left.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    psh, FINE! beat me to it why don't you. :P~
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    I win :rolleyes2
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    DogSoldier wrote:
    I used 5 layers (Not including the original) in Photoshop 7. Mine is on the left.
    ..and you did it how?
    edited January 2004
    1. Make a new layer, call it circle. Use the Eliptical Marquee Tool, and draw a circle. With the circle still selected, fill it with a Circular gradient using the Gradient tool. Use white and black. It should look like this.

2. Make a new layer, call it circle middle. Make a smaller circle using the Marquee Tool, sample the far outside edge using the Eyedropper tool, fill the circle with the sampled color. Blur the resulting circle with Filter / Gaussian Blur - setting 5 pixel.

3. For the lower highlight, make new layer and call it.. you guessed it "lower highlight". Make a small circle about as half as big as the main one. Fill it with white. use Filter / Gaussian blur - 6 pixel. Make a rectangular selection of the top part of the circle, go Select/Feather 10 pixels. Make sure layer "lower highlight" is selected, press delete.

4. Make a new layer, call it "top highlight". Use the marquee Tool to make a small oval, fill it with a light gray. Make a rectangular selection of the lower part of the circle, go Select/Feather 10 pixels. Make sure layer "top highlight" is selected, press delete.

5. Make a new layer, call it "shadow", pull that new layer to the bottom. Make a short wide oval using Marquee Tool, fill it with black. Go Filter/Gaussian blur - 10 pixels.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    I actually like yours better.

I would have done it slightly different, but it works out to the same conclusion. Your way is easier. I wish I was leet PS mastar.
    edited January 2004
    haha, me too!

I hope Virtues has "some" experience, I wrote that thinking you could at least get around the program. There are actions out there that you could use but you don't learn using actions, unless you picked them apart.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    actions?
    edited January 2004
    There's an FAQ on Actions here and a few you can download:
    http://www.webteknique.com/ps_actions/action_faq.asp
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    oh wow .... thats cheating though :P
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Ok but what about other types of images like...?

[EDIT]Only the glass effect. Not the whole image[/EDIT]