CD Drive in Current Computer

ShawnCShawnC Victoria BC Canada
edited August 2009 in Hardware
I have a Dell Dimension 5150 and for some reason my cd door will not open anymore. I haven't opened it up and tried to take it out as I have never done anything like that yet. I plan on building a computer soon and have a current thread on that topic, would the DVD burner I have picked out for that run in this computer? Firstly I guess I should open it up and see if I can take it out and open it on my own.

Comments

• lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2009
    Odds are decent. Quick googling of the dimension 5150 reveals that it should have SATA ports on the motherboard. Can't hurt to try, anyway.
  • ShawnCShawnC Victoria BC Canada
    edited August 2009
    Went ahead and ordered the DVD drive. Got a new case also so the parts begin for the new computer
    edited August 2009
    Took the drive out of my computer today and took it apart to see if I could tell why it wasn't operating. Hmm my 1 y.o son had 2 discs in there and that is why it wouldn't open. Oh well working finne now but it was a good excuse to get the parts started for the new computer.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    .... ;D
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    .... ;D
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for your support guys lol. But hey I started components for the new computer so it ain't all that bad is it.