Starcraft II Delayed

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited August 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I AM SO SURPRISED THAT A BLIZZARD GAME WAS DELAYED.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    A DELAYED GAME FROM BLIZZARD? UNPOSSIBLE.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Le Gasp

What makes it even funnier is it was delayed for a reason many people seem to not want to buy it.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    boooooooooooo I have my copy already paid off!!!!!!!!!
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    So what if it is delayed, name the last bad game that Blizzard released.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    What Koreish said. It's like "don't worry guys, we're going to get the shitty part right!"
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    They had the balls to actually name a date more than a week beforehand? Fools.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    If the "new" battlenet is going to be less like battlenet, and more like Steam, then it'll be worth the extra wait.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Why don't they just use Steam? It works!
    edited August 2009
    Because Steam doesn't help them make money, like it helps Valve or the Indie companies. We may eventually see SCII on Steam but it will probably be several months after its release.

Quoting myself because I'm a tool.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Koreish wrote:
    Quoting myself because I'm a tool.

As long as you said it first... :P Where did you say that before?
    edited August 2009
    The other SCII thread.
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    The thing with blizzards is they never release games without them being ready. I for one am hugely in favor of this concept vs. the RELEASE DATE GOGOGOOGOGO o frick no time /sigh /scrapgametogether........
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Crap.
    edited August 2009
    If the issue is with Battle.net, and Diablo III is unaffected by the delay, 10/1 means that Diablo III is a 2010 release.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Pre holiday projections are starting to come out for video game earnings, and it is looking bleak.

First off, reports are coming out showing the effect of the recession has finally caught up to games, some showing a revenue decline on new product near double digits.

Add that to the fact that employers that usually offer bonuses for discretionary holiday spending are not going to this year, that means people are going to have to tighten their belts this holiday, and that is when the game industry normally butters its bread with its most anticipated titles.

This may be because the game needs a little more time in the oven, but I mostly think its because they want to hold release until this thing blows over so they have a better chance at making a successful launch.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    This may be because the game needs a little more time in the oven, but I mostly think its because they want to hold release until this thing blows over so they have a better chance at making a successful launch.

So, you think they're looking at a 2018 launch, then?
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    CB,

Lets us all hope not. Plenty of prominent holiday 2009 titles are being pushed out though. Trick with a hit game, is you only have a narrow window to command that full premium in the current market, so why blow it in a down market? Especially when the competitive stakes will be high at that point in the year.

New Starcraft, Bioshock, Max Payne, Splinter Cell all being pushed back, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

What may be encouraging is the expectation that allot of AAA titles that we may not have played might hit that budget title shelf just in time for the holiday. I think that is the strategy they are going to employ this year with a few sure fire hit exceptions to the rule (Modern Warfare 2 anyone?).
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    my comment still stands then.
    edited August 2009
    Well went to gamestop got my preorder money back and ent to starbucks and got a Crap load of coffee!!!!!!
    edited August 2009
    Just to add to the list of games being pushed back. Dragon Age: Origins was just pushed back until November.
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Meh hopefully when they mean delayed they will put extra stuff in there. Or they are just being lazy : /
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Feh.... they can release it whenever they want. Unless they restore LAN play I'm not going to buy the damn thing.
    edited August 2009
    Hitler is right on this one
    edited August 2009
    Godwin's Law again.
    edited August 2009
    Hey I didnt post it first! lol Revv did! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHA71B_wbXY