ATI Introduces the All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro

Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
got this from KarateKid

SharkExtreme: ATI AIW 9800 Pro Press Release

"Who says you can't have it all? ATI Technologies Inc. has continued its tradition of keeping its Radeon graphics-card and All-in-Wonder multimedia-video-card lines at parity by introducing (for now) its ultimate PC entertainment platform, the $449 All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro. The new Windows 98/Me/2000/XP desktop card adds a 125-channel stereo TV tuner, MPEG-2 analog video capture and editing (up to 30 fps at 720 by 480 resolution), and DVD playback with Dolby AC-3 digital audio to the eight-rendering-pipeline Radeon 9800 Pro engine with 128MB of DDR memory for cinematic-quality graphics and blistering performance. It's 100-percent Microsoft DirectX 9.0 compatible for today's and tomorrow's 3D games. "

More here

Comments

• a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited June 2003
    $449 is more than I want to spend, but I guess if I truly needed all the features of the AIW 9800 Pro then I would lay down the cash.
    Omega65 said
    got this from KarateKid

SharkExtreme: ATI AIW 9800 Pro Press Release

"Who says you can't have it all? ATI Technologies Inc. has continued its tradition of keeping its Radeon graphics-card and All-in-Wonder multimedia-video-card lines at parity by introducing (for now) its ultimate PC entertainment platform, the $449 All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro. The new Windows 98/Me/2000/XP desktop card adds a 125-channel stereo TV tuner, MPEG-2 analog video capture and editing (up to 30 fps at 720 by 480 resolution), and DVD playback with Dolby AC-3 digital audio to the eight-rendering-pipeline Radeon 9800 Pro engine with 128MB of DDR memory for cinematic-quality graphics and blistering performance. It's 100-percent Microsoft DirectX 9.0 compatible for today's and tomorrow's 3D games. "

More here
  • TekGamerTekGamer Earth
    edited June 2003
    heh that card gives me wood...

If I had 449 dollars I would gladly fork it over.. with the amount of time I spend on my pc and being on cable internet jacking right into the cable and watching tv on the PC would rule, I already watch DVD's. Also being able to record my favorite shows would kick but...

Oh I can see where this card would lead my to another 2k dollars in debt. Figuring new processor, ram, psu, mobo, harddrives (would need 400gig for video and such) yeah plus the card and the dvd burner

o my...

Tek