Monitors wont turn on!

Living-Dead-ChildLiving-Dead-Child Detroit New
edited August 2009 in Hardware
I love you all!!

I have tow monitors and two grapics cards attached to my computer. All of a sudden when I boot up, the monitors never leave "sleep" mode. The computer turns on though. I find it hard to believe that both grapics carda blew at the same time. I have tired each card in the computer indepented of each other and nothing. I have tested each monitor at they work.

Thank you for your help!!

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Remove all ram save 1 stick closest to the CPU and power on. Repeat with all available ram sticks, see if 1 of them is causing the issue.

Also try clearing the CMOS.
  • Living-Dead-ChildLiving-Dead-Child Detroit New
    edited August 2009
    Thank you for your suggestions Ryder. I have tried these and but to no avail. Any other suggestions?
  • Nate_LapTNate_LapT Ferndale MI. Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    any post codes? Try reseating both the ram and all cards, try it with one or the other graphics cards.
    edited August 2009
    No post codes. The monitor does not come out of sleep mode. I have tried your suggestions already but thanks.

The only thing I can think to do is completely disassable it and rebuild then hope for the best.

Then I feel I shall be cryin' the freakin' blues.
    edited August 2009
    Have you tried it on another system? also is the cable plugged into the back of the monitor, I have seen that happen and not realized it until after trying everything else :\
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Nate_LapT wrote:
    I have seen that happen and not realized it until after trying everything else :\

Who's got two thumbs and firsthand experience with this?

<<< THIS GUY.
    edited August 2009
    Well, I have disassembled and reassembled and nothing. Any other last words of advice before I scrap in and cry myself to sleep?
    edited August 2009
    and as for working on another system? we havnt determined yet if we are fixing the pc or a dead monitor yet.
    If the monitor works fine on another system,
    and you have tried each card independently...

please list your system specs
    edited August 2009
    About Living Dead Child <dl class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><dt class="shade">Location</dt><dd>Detroit</dd><dt>Your in Detroit and you didnt visit us for shindig?
    </dt></dl>also If you like, I could possibly stop by, or you could drop it off and I can take a look at it.
    edited August 2009
    Yes, the first thing I did was test the monitors.

Thank you for the offer but no thanks. I now know it is either the motherboard or CPU and my computer is like 6 or seven years old. It is a MF7-S motherboard bought when they first came out.

I wore all black and properly buired in my closet incase I decide to build another I can take parts from it, and the case is good. I have my laptop, which is not even a year old yet.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Noel never visits us. He doesn't like us.
    edited August 2009
    Noel never visits us. He doesn't like us.

What the heck!!!

My first sentance in the thread was "I love you all!!!"
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    :p
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    If your mobo is socket A, I can send you a processor I have lying around. If you'd like to test it, send me a private message.

If you'll pay for shipping, I'll send you my nf7-s v2.0 board that's been sitting unused for a year.
    edited August 2009
    shwaip wrote:
    If your mobo is socket A, I can send you a processor I have lying around. If you'd like to test it, send me a private message.

If you'll pay for shipping, I'll send you my nf7-s v2.0 board that's been sitting unused for a year.

Thank you all very much but no thanks. I need to move on. I still get the computer out of my closet to sleep with and that is just no healthy.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    If you're getting no POST codes it's very likely the board died. I just went through that the other week as well.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2009
    That's how my Asus P35 board died. One minute running memtest, the next, no POST, no errors, no nothing. Tried everything, the board just doesn't work anymore.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    My board was more of a drama queen... I unplugged everything from the board for the purpose of cable management, bundled things, cleaned things up, plugged everything back in. Next boot... my network card wouldn't work. It showed up, but just wouldn't do anything. So, I open the case, throw my spare wireless card in, turn the computer on and.... NOTHING! Hard drive light lit up but nothing else happened. I then fired up my laptop and ordered my current gigabyte ultra-durable board and a new OCZ power supply to replace the Rosewill supply that was in my system previously.