problem with images..

edited August 2009 in Hardware
hiya again

umm sorry if this is not the right place to post this but i'm having problem with deleting images off my computer..

i downloaded an .rar file and extracted the images from it but then whenever i tried to delete them it saids that the file can't be found, so i tried changing the file name and deleted it but then it came back and i tried once more to delete them by changing the file name again but then saids that the image can't be found anymore and my image factory is almost filled up >< it only happens before with .psd files but now it's starting to happen with other files like .png ><

please someone help, thank you in advance
also i'm a newbie computer user and don't know much about computer please try and make the explaination as easy to follow as possible ><

Comments

• lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2009
    This technically is a software problem, and likely goes in the General Software forum. Perhaps a mod could move the topic and leave a redirect?

As far as the problem goes, I'm afraid I can't offer much advice. If you have a virus scanner installed, try running a full sweep to see if you've caught any nasty bugs. If you don't, my preference runs toward AVG Anti-Virus, however others in the community (especially those that assist in the removal of viruses) may have other preferences.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Avira's Avast! antivirus is excellent, free, and preferred by many here.
  • Nate_LapTNate_LapT Ferndale MI. Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I first was assuming the files were in use or locked, but being you stated they just cant be found, Im thinking you may need to run a chkdsk. open a dos prompt "chkdsk /R /F c:" it will ask you to do next time you reboot, tell it yes, then reboot and depending on your hard drive size sit around doing nothing, or if you own multiple pc's just work on something new for the next few hours. Either way its good to do every so often.
  • edited August 2009
    well i think you might be right about it being a bug so i run a scan with avira and the problem with the images seems to be gone or be less of a problem..

also it looks like the images that can't found earlier can be found again now, so problem solved i think..
  • edited August 2009
    umm i think the problem's back again.. ><
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited August 2009
    maybe run the avast boot time scan? if it was a virus it could be reinstalling its self.