2009.08.16 "1/2 MP Challenge" Discussion

GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
edited August 2009 in Lifestyle
Nice job, Marushka! I like the big chunky pixels, and the way the kid is walking into an bright area really adds to the effect.

I'm still wanting to participate in this one, but I can't find either of my old camera phones that I'm planning to use since I moved. I'll take some once I track one down.

Comments

• MarushkaMarushka cambridge, ma Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    You know, I really cheated with this one. I took a picture really far away from the kid, and then tried to just crop a small chunk. I thought it was still larger than 1/2 MP although I didnt calculate it exactly, so I used a pixelate filter, and blended it with the original. So its got some shop touches in there that probably make it still not quite 1/2 MP. But it was an interpretation of the challenge anyway!

By the way, its my understanding that because that kid was out in a public place I am able to take a picture and publish it. Is that correct? Or legally should I have followed him home and asked his momma for permission.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    So long as you don't follow him into Chuck E. Cheeze ;)

But yeah, as far as I know, that's true. It's at least what paparazzi say in regards to celebrities.
    edited August 2009
    I didn't follow him to Chuck E Cheese - how dare you! I did offer him some candy while I stroked my mustache from the front seat of my van with curtains in the window. I found out when his mom got off work and asked him to be my facebook friend. I asked him to sit on my lap for a while and asked him to call me his uncle bill. Then I gave him a yo-yo if he promised that we would be secret friends and if he would try on these shoes.

Green_Shoes.jpg

But seriously, he was a cute kid.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Those are hot shoes. Jessica Simpson, if I recall.
    edited August 2009
    ;) that was for you, prime. That's right, I have been wandering around icrontic!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Pictures of random people in public are cool. If you take staged pictures (like you're in a picture booth or something), you need them to sign releases.

Good shot. :)