Computer not working

edited August 2009 in Hardware
Recently my computer stopped working and had 6 POST beeps which I figured out to be a Keyboard Controller issue So I decided to get a new motherboard.
I ended up just redoing entire computer and bought:

MSI K9N2 Platinum SLI+ AM2+ motherboard
AMD Athlon X2 64 6000+ 3.0Ghz CPU
Antec 650w PS
A second Nvidea 9600GT graphics card

and I already had two 1g DDR2 RAM.

I installed everything with grounding wrist band on in a nonstatic environment and turned it on and, yay, it turned on. But no POST beeps came and no visual image came onto my monitor (tried 3 different monitors and none work with my comp but they do with others). So I looked at the D-LEDs on the mobo and it said CPU not installed properly or damaged. So I sent back CPU and got another one back. Installed it and voila same thing is happening. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what is going on with it since I can't get it too work. Ive tried with mobo in cardboard box with only PS, Mobo, and hard drive connected and still no luck. What is wrong with my computer???????:mean:

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Well, are you sure you installed the processor correctly?

The 6000+ series still uses the ZIF socket mechanism, right? So did you lift the arm on the side of the socket, put the CPU in the correct orientation (triangle pointing to triangle), drop it in place, and close the arm to lock it in?

May also be a BIOS issue - if your motherboard came with a BIOS that doesn't support that chip out of the box, you may need to upgrade that first.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    May also be a BIOS issue - if your motherboard came with a BIOS that doesn't support that chip out of the box, you may need to upgrade that first.

That poses a serious chicken and egg problem. In order to upgrade the BIOS of a motherboard, a CPU has to be installed, meaning he'd need another CPU of a different model just to get his current one to work...

Here's hoping that's not the problem.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    It does tend to be a bugger, yes.