World of Warcraft Cataclysm announced

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited August 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    The Horde refuses to have short Goblins, leave the shorties to the alliance damnit.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Heroic DM!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Ogres made more sense.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    DAMMIT no Murlocs.

GLLBLRLRLWRLLBLLWRRBLLLL
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    As if you played.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Looks awesome... nice to see WoW going strong with new content.

If only WoW was cheaper... say $5.99 a month. $15 for the amount of time I usually put into games is REALLY expensive. Say $5.99 for 20 hours then bump it up to $10.99 for 50 hours and $14.99 for unlimited.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2009
    Hoo boy. That's gonna be an interesting expansion. First time in the game's history that Blizzard is significantly changing old content as part of the story.

I hope Gnome Hunter is a new combination. I want to play a toon that uses a pet 5x his size.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    That video makes it look like Tanaris becomes fertile...
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2009
    That video makes a lot of zones look rather different.

Makes me wonder how it's going to affect the leveling process of new characters.
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    In my mind... it seems cool yet slightly annoys me at the same time. While I've played the old classic stuff a ton, its nice to talk to new players and explain the cool special spots and fun quests those original zones have. With this new expansion... those will be unaccessable.

The two huge draws for me in possibly returning to the game are the new team battlegroup rankings with pvp & the guild ranking systems. These should add a new element for ranks and stroking one's ego and giving a system for and competing against others much better than the existing arena system that is fairly heavily based on class make up.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    F blizzard THIS is why SC II was delayed, F Blizzard!!!!!!!!!!
    edited August 2009
    Starcraft, Diablo, live WoW and WoW expansions all have their own dev teams.
  • DareDare SD
    edited August 2009
    Im still fairly new to WoW. Im good with my lock, and cleared most content, but I'm far from the greatest player. WoW is fun off and on, and makes a perfect counterpoint to EVE on occasion when I get downtime.

Im honestly just not happy thinking about blowing another 40-50 bucks for more dang WoW. Yay EVE Free Expacs! >.>
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I really wish that they'd go back to Warcraft proper and maybe skip an expansion for WoW.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Starcraft, Diablo, live WoW and WoW expansions all have their own dev teams.
    That didn't stop Blizzard from pulling the Starcraft design team off of SC2 to work on WoW

Just sayin'.
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    So many people are going to quit WoW now lol. I think blizzard is getting scared ^^ or there just trying to get more money. Altho a Undead paladin will be very cool 0.o
    edited August 2009
    I can almost guarantee you that Blizzard will add several million additional subscriptions.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    I can almost guarantee you that Blizzard will add several million additional subscriptions.

I don't see how they won't add subscriptions between old players coming back because of the proposed "fresh" look and new people who will have a chance to start in a game world that really hasn't been touched. A few might leave, but I highly doubt there will be an overall drop in subscription numbers with the case more likely being as Thrax stated: a HUGE surge in new accounts. Blizzard doesn't do this to please a small number, they do this to make money and they are very good at making money.
    ardichoke wrote:
    That didn't stop Blizzard from pulling the Starcraft design team off of SC2 to work on WoW

Just sayin'.

Did you even fully read the article? It was YEARS ago that they worked on WoW and from the article, it was while WoW was still in development. Don't get pissy because your game isn't out, Blizzard will release it when it is ready.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Yes I read the article, I'm still of the opinion that pulling staff that's supposed to work on one thing to work on something else is BS and a waste of resources (trying to familiarize them with a new product, new team, etc. then having them have to go back to the previous team). Regardless, I won't be playing either game at this point. WoW is just digital crack and I like what little life I have at this point. I'm not going to squander it on some pay-per-month game where I feel ripped off if I don't put in enough hours each month.