Geforce 9600GSO Broken?

stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
edited August 2009 in Hardware
Hi people i got the Geforce 9600GSO 3 days ago.

im having a little problem im not sure whats going on im thinking the
graphic are is broken alittle.

here the issue when i can play all games on high graphic BUT!! the Bombs,Smoke,Lights,Lighting Effect will ALWAYS SLOW DOWN OR LAGG the computer wtf??? Even on LOW GRAPHICS.

so i dont know whats going on my 7300GT works better then this graphic card.

Intel duel core 2 1.81GHZ
Ram 3 GB 2 cards 1GB and a 2GB
400W powerSupplie +5V +12V1 +12V2 -12V +5Vsb
2 CD rom Drive nothing els
nothing in Slots only Geforce 9600GSO

Darren Please reply Thanks

Comments

• ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Obligatory "Have you updated your drivers?" post. Also, can you be specific as to which games this is happening in?
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
    edited August 2009
    yes its updated to the newest 1 out there did it 2 days ago

Doom 3 "very laggy on Bombs, Lights, Dark Room, Lighting"
    Company of Heros "laggy game play no matter what"
    Killing Floor "laggy Blood"
    Left for dead "laggy Zombies"
    Farcy 2 "works fine Odd"
    Call of Duty 4 "laggy Bombs"
    Call of Duty - World at War "laggy Effect and lighting"

My Geforce 7300 GT took all those games Fine with no lagg
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited August 2009
    Did you plug in the extra power connector at the end of the video card? Also did you uninstall the old drivers before updating them?
    edited August 2009
    yes i plugged in the Extra power connecter 6 Pin connecter.

Uninstalled Old driver no i did not, Is it required to?

all i did is take off old graphic card then put in new 1

Oh and i for got to say my Graphic card is always in the COLD side not even warm or HOT
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    You had an Nvidia card before.. I would remove any Nvidia graphics drivers yes.
    edited August 2009
    Oh so i remove the Nvida Driver and the 7300 Gt files??

My 7300Gt has 61.0 frame rate on Company of heros
    9600 GSO has 37.4 very low
    edited August 2009
    Are you running at exactly the same settings in the game or did you turn everything up because you got a better card?

Also, don't forget some games have optimizations for one type of card or another.
    edited August 2009
    im i running the exactly same Setting as the old 1 i did not change ANY thing at all

optimizations what is that O.o??

i uninstalled the old Driver still the same nothing realy change
    edited August 2009
    im i running the exactly same Setting as the old 1 i did not change ANY thing at all

optimizations what is that O.o??

i uninstalled the old Driver still the same nothing realy change

so you guys dont think the graphic card is half-Broken??
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited August 2009
    I would try to exchange the card if possible
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I am suspecting your card is running Windows default driver and not the new one you downloaded. Did you install the new video card and then update the driver? If you updated the driver BEFORE you changed out the video card, the driver is not initializing with the new card. If this is what happened, re-run the installer for the updated video driver.
    edited August 2009
    adarryl wrote:
    I am suspecting your card is running Windows default driver and not the new one you downloaded. Did you install the new video card and then update the driver? If you updated the driver BEFORE you changed out the video card, the driver is not initializing with the new card. If this is what happened, re-run the installer for the updated video driver.

I installed the Graphic card first then i Updated the driver.

"i still think its half-Broken"
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    If you're so convinced that the card is broken that you won't take any of our advice, then return it. If you actually want help from us then quit saying "is still think its half-broken" and try some of the things that we suggest.

Now then, I suggest you go through and remove any old NVidia video card drivers you have installed. Reboot. Install the latest NVidia drivers from the NVidia website. Reboot again. Then try it.
    edited August 2009
    Darren,

Post a picture of your device manager, like is attached to my post.
    edited August 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    If you're so convinced that the card is broken that you won't take any of our advice, then return it. If you actually want help from us then quit saying "is still think its half-broken" and try some of the things that we suggest.

Now then, I suggest you go through and remove any old NVidia video card drivers you have installed. Reboot. Install the latest NVidia drivers from the NVidia website. Reboot again. Then try it.

"since when i did not take any advice read what i said i replyed them all and i did take there advice"

"and i did remove all my old Drivers and reinstall all th new 1's"

X-D

RyderOCZ umm i keep getting over size File i made it as small as possable whats the way to make it small?
    edited August 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Darren,

Post a picture of your device manager, like is attached to my post.

Here you go

when i uninstall driver i just press that uninstall there thats all i do or i did it rong?
    edited August 2009
    You have driver version 182.50.. the current one is 190.x so the newest driver is not installed.
    edited August 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    You have driver version 182.50.. the current one is 190.x so the newest driver is not installed.

WHATT O.o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i press Uninstall on that Driver THEN i even did it in the Add and remove what do i have to do please tell me ^^
    edited August 2009
    Here you go

when i uninstall driver i just press that uninstall there thats all i do or i did it rong?

Ok i got it still no Luck still very SLOW and laggy on all games
    edited August 2009
    If you were uninstalling the drivers through the device manager, it's not actually removing all the NVidia components. Remove the drivers through Add/Remove Programs (provided you haven't done it that way yet) that way the NVidia installer will actually wipe everything out.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of would be that your power supply isn't pushing enough juice or for some strange reason it's having an issue with your mismatched RAM modules. Try pulling the 1G module out and seeing if that runs any better.
    edited August 2009
    what is the 1G module out??? how do i do that X-D OH 1GB card out right??
    i got NOTHING in my Slots only 2 CD drives nothing els i took out every thing what i can do X-D

and i thought so its the power supplie i got 400W and the Graphic card needs 400W what are the Odds X-D

OFF TOPIC

1) MSI,
    2) ASUS,
    3) GIGABYTE,
    4) PALIT,
    5)XFX,
    6) EVGA

Whats the #1 best Graphic card company only need 1 answer thanks X-D
    edited August 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    If you were uninstalling the drivers through the device manager, it's not actually removing all the NVidia components. Remove the drivers through Add/Remove Programs (provided you haven't done it that way yet) that way the NVidia installer will actually wipe everything out.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of would be that your power supply isn't pushing enough juice or for some strange reason it's having an issue with your mismatched RAM modules. Try pulling the 1G module out and seeing if that runs any better.

Wow thanks you are right did not give inuff power to the Graphic card Thanks alot

i still want to know whats the best graphic card company

Thank you all for Replying
    edited August 2009
    As for the best card manufacturer, I don't think there's really conclusive evidence for any one company over the other as far as card performance goes. It really comes down to customer support and the extra features that they give you in my opinion. Lately, I personally like XFX cards due to their Lifetime Warranties. Though I have owned Asus and MSI cards in the past and never had problems with any of them.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    XFX's warranty is easily the best in the business, I'd go with them. There seem to be a ton of EVGA fan-boys though.
    edited August 2009
    Obsidian wrote:
    XFX's warranty is easily the best in the business, I'd go with them. There seem to be a ton of EVGA fan-boys though.

yea i heard that EVGA makes the best 1.

but XFX is the lifetime warranty but they only give you the parts right?? or they just replace the full graphic card to you??

then you have to install the parts your self O.o???
    edited August 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    As for the best card manufacturer, I don't think there's really conclusive evidence for any one company over the other as far as card performance goes. It really comes down to customer support and the extra features that they give you in my opinion. Lately, I personally like XFX cards due to their Lifetime Warranties. Though I have owned Asus and MSI cards in the past and never had problems with any of them.

i never thought that 1 Ram Card take alot of Power away from the power supplie how much dose it take??

the power
    edited August 2009
    What power supply do you have?

You Video card does not take 400W.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    With as little hardware as you're running, even with a 9-series video card, you shouldn't be over-driving it at 400W. If you have a place like a MicroCenter in your area, you can pop out the PSU and have them put it on a meter.

Though, I still don't think it would be a PSU issue, since a significant drop on a rail will usually cause the PSU to reset, rather than just letting something fail quietly like that.
    edited August 2009
    yes i have 400W with only 9600 GSO with no other slots added

2 CD rom drive and 1 Floppy

1 GB ram and a 2 GB ram cards

when ardichoke told me to take out 1 GB ram card every thing runs Great so i was low on Power

Oh and im not Overclocking i dont do those stuff i keep them normal
    edited August 2009
    You are not low on power.. you have a ram problem. Taking ram out is NOT going to solve a power problem.

What motherboard are you using?