Options

unable to run .exe files

I have a computer that is super infected and I am unable to run any .exe files. I pulled the drive and scanned it on another machine with super antispyware and malware bytes, returned the drive to its original computer for more of the same.

please help.

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Ok my customer clicked a link on Yahoo.com to "Customize his own Mustang" everything was legit until the very end he even got the proper pricing quote from Ford Motor Company next it asked him if he would like a picture of his custom Mustang as his Desktop....... POP he got hammered.

I found the fix at 4am EST so I am now able to reply to my question with the proper fix.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555067
    then Combofix then Super Anti Spyware then Malware Bytes.
    Thank you for having such an awesome website, I have resolved many issues in the past using information from other posters.
  • edited August 2009
    ok ran into another one of these today this customer was trying to view Dakota Fanning pictures and BAM she got hammered.
    While following my advice and steps above i noticed she did not have the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command entry in her registry so i right clicked on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and created a new key named "exefile" then followed the instructions provided by Microsoft.