Monsoon Computer Speakers WOW!

pcscustompcscustom Oklahoma
edited January 2004 in Internet & Media
Now, I have used klipsch promedia speakers and Logitech Z680's And this little 2.1 unit put out by monsoon is definately a buy for the money. I needed a pair of speakers for my secondary rig (PIII 1.0). I headed over to ebay and found a pair of Monsoon Planar Media 7's.. Total price 35.00, These are in a stylish flat panel design and are very space efficent. Small volume puck and small foot print sub that rocks the walls. The speakers them selves are put together nicely. They sport a metal front grill in silver and of course the monsoon logo. What prompted me to buy these is my Olds Alero has premium monsoon audio and it rocks! Well monsoon has kept up the good work.

Trev

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Really?

I find those speakers to be ridiculously tinny, and just generally not worth any amount of money. I found the highs to be flat, the bass extremely muddy, and the only decent sound reproduction in the mid-range..
  • pcscustompcscustom Oklahoma
    edited January 2004
    I have heard this also.. But give them at least 30 hours of music to get broken in and they are awesome..

Trev
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    hmmm...may have to look into these. I need to get some cheaper speakers for my father to use with the computer, he's just recently discovered how to use a computer and download sound clips and such and the speakers on the computer are like the worst ever that came with some barebones kit.
  • celchocelcho Tallahassee, FL Member
    edited January 2004
    i've got the mm2000's and they are impressive. if you've only heard them in compusa, then you haven't heard any set of speakers. monsoons must be precisely placed and the sub has to be properly located as well. the smaller systems by monsoon are good, and particularly good for money, but the bigger ones are where they really shine. planar magnetic speakers need a lot of wattage to work well and they have no midbass and bass extension, so the sub has to go higher (definitely a compromise, but not much more than the klipsch and logitechs, with their 3 inch mids that can't go very low either). the sub on my monsoon mm-2000 isn't nearly as powerful as the klipsch or logitech, but is much punchier and accurate. just depends on personal preference whether you'd rather have accuracy or muscle to your bass. i like both, but i thought monsoons directional sound would be better in a dorm, and i've been pleased with them.

btw, monsoon really had nothing to do with the speakers. they're now made by level 9 sound designs and that's the real company that made them. using the monsoon name was just to brand them with something people recognized for marketting purposes. they used to say sonigistix and monsoon on the boxes, although both those names have disappeared lately it seems. odd thing is that level 9 doesn't hvae a website and the multimedia section of monsoons website has now been removed for several months.