Which one do you like?

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited September 2009 in Hardware
I am looking for a new monitor for my PC. I was looking at these two monitors and wondered which one would my friends @ IC like?
Acer X233Hbid Black 23" or ASUS VH226H Black 21.5"

Which one and if you don't mind ...why? Suggestions?

What I am looking for is Full 1080P and these are about my price range.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2009
    The second one, better response time and better refresh rates. Also if you are sitting at your monitor then sometimes the monitor can be to big.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    ^ That one.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    What they said ^
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    K, why?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    huh who is talking about me
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I've seen that Acer in action, and it's a great display.

Though I agree with everyone else on the link Fatcat posted, by spec alone, never seen it with my own eyes.

I always tell everyone, when display shopping, load a jumpdrive with pictures and video that you know howthey should look. Go to an electronics store with the display, hook up the display to a PC (most have them through a million KVMs to display the same crap, kills the quality) and load up your media. I did this at Circuit City before I bought my HP 22inch, I got many strange stares. Let your eyes make the decision. Your eyes do more than spec and recommendation ever will.

But, well all know that, anyways.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    USPLynx wrote:
    Though I agree with everyone else on the link Fatcat posted, by spec alone, never seen it with my own eyes.

it's the same monitor I have minus HDMI, and the exact one tiberiuslazarus has. thats a win win in my book ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Go here: http://www.digitalversus.com/article-357.html

Change to SCORE = 5, find 1080p, buy product.

I can promise you that you will not find a better display than the ones listed there.