PC boots but does not POST

edited September 2009 in Hardware
hi there i need help with my new pc i built my pc booted up fine for 3 weeks and now today after i was surfing the internet it auto shutdown on me and when i rebooted the pc it powers back on no beeps at all when it usually beep 2 times when it post now all i get is power on fan and cpu fan runs smootly but no display what so ever on the onboard video card when it was working hooked my monitor to another pc and it boots up fine hooked it back to my pc and nothing but the pc is running and on but no video i was wondering if i buy a pci-e video card will that work and is the onboard videocard dead on my 3 weeks old motherboard and heres is my specs i cant seem to figure this out.

Motherboard: ECS Elitegroup GF7050VT-M
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz
Power Supply: Vpower 400W
HD: Western Digital 500GB SATA Internal
Other Drives: HP dvd1070i DVD-RW (SATA), FDD
montior with vga
USB Mouse and KB
2GB (2x1GB) 667MHz DDR2

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Hello,

I am a bit confused.. you say the PC boots, but does not POST. POST is the first thing that happens before a computer can actually boot to the OS (Post means Power On Self Test).

How many sticks of memory do you have in the machine? Remove all but 1 (with the power off) and try to boot, if that fails, repeat with all memory sticks 1 at a time.