Problem with windows.

jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
edited September 2009 in Science & Tech
Hello all, It's been a good while since I've posted but I do still check around from time to time.

Have a problem with a windows Xp system that I can't for the life of me get figured out.

One of my users at work has had her computer freeze up today. When we rebooted it, all of her files show as being saved on june 26th, although it's september 9. It's like everything that was saved since June 26 is no longer on her computer, and everything has reverted back to that date. I've never seen this before, so not sure how this is possible. I've done some googling, but all the results I'm finding are about reverting to XP from Vista.

If anyone has experienced this before, a point in the right direction would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2009
    Do you mean like word documents and the like are all reverted or just program data? If it's the former I don't know what would have caused that unless you have some kind of snapshot recovery backup software in place and that's the last time her data was accurately backed up. If it's just program data your looking at then I'd say it has something to do with rebooting into last known good configuration mode.

Have you opened any of the files they most recently with to look to see if the data is actually up-to-date, could just be a messed up date stamp.
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited September 2009
    Took a bit to get this one figured out. The software RAID (luckily not my idea) has slipped into a degraded status some time ago. That being said, all new data is getting saved to the secondary HDD in the array, while the primary drive only has data up to June. What is really weird is that the primary drive is still running the OS.

Definitely the weirdest thing I think I've seen in a very very long time.