hello people i just got the 9800GT and it dont come with 6 pin Connector
got any chance why it dont have one??

350W
duel core dou
windows XP

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Sounds like you have one of the new more energy friendly 9800GT cards that is designed to draw a max of 75 watts from the PCIE slot.
  • edited September 2009
    Sounds like you have one of the new more energy friendly 9800GT cards that is designed to draw a max of 75 watts from the PCIE slot.

but arnt the green edtion bad?? and slower?? well thats what i heard is it true? and will 350W power it up well?

should i return it?. the website said it need 6 pin connecter and i thought they give me the rong 1.

should i return it and get the 6 pin 1????

the 1's with pin are better right?
    edited September 2009
    With a 350 watt PSU don't even consider something that requires an extra six pin connector.
  • edited September 2009
    With a 350 watt PSU don't even consider something that requires an extra six pin connector.

so i can use it in 350W???

im getting a 750W soon though

but is a engery saving graphic card slower then the 1's with a 6 pin?
    edited September 2009
    thedohman wrote:
    so i can use it in 350W???

im getting a 750W soon though

but is a engery saving graphic card slower then the 1's with a 6 pin?

Its a marginal difference at stock speed, nothing to concern yourself with too much. Now if your looking to overclock, that may be an issue, getting a good stable overclock might be impossible without an extra power connector to supply extra juice.

Honestly, if your going to get a 750 watt supply you should consider spending just a little extra on something like the ATI Radeon 4870, or 4890 if you can stretch your budget just a little extra. Both will handily outperform the 9800GT, but you will need that beefier power supply before you would even consider that alternative.
  • edited September 2009
    Its a marginal difference at stock speed, nothing to concern yourself with too much. Now if your looking to overclock, that may be an issue, getting a good stable overclock might be impossible without an extra power connector to supply extra juice.

Honestly, if your going to get a 750 watt supply you should consider spending just a little extra on something like the ATI Radeon 4870, or 4890 if you can stretch your budget just a little extra. Both will handily outperform the 9800GT, but you will need that beefier power supply before you would even consider that alternative.

na i dont over clock stuff only reason i got this card becouse it was in the good rating side i never used a ATI befor, i need using Geforce all my life X-D.

i just wanted a good card that plays well thats all i gess i can plug in the 9800 with 350W be ok?
    edited September 2009
    thedohman wrote:
    na i dont over clock stuff only reason i got this card becouse it was in the good rating side i never used a ATI befor, i need using Geforce all my life X-D.

i just wanted a good card that plays well thats all i gess i can plug in the 9800 with 350W be ok?

It will be close, depends on the quality of the 12 Volt rail, and what the rest of your system is like.
  • edited September 2009
    It will be close, depends on the quality of the 12 Volt rail, and what the rest of your system is like.

+5V +12V1 +12V2 -12V +5Vsb
    edited September 2009
    thedohman wrote:
    +5V +12V1 +12V2 -12V +5Vsb

When you add the rated amperate together on each of the +12V rails do you get something over 30? If so, you should make it with a modern dual core and that 9800 GT green.

Do I recomend it, not relay, I'd think about upgrading the supply either way, but if your pulling down at least 30 combined it should get you where you need to be for now.
  • edited September 2009
    When you add the rated amperate together on each of the +12V rails do you get something over 30? If so, you should make it with a modern dual core and that 9800 GT green.

Do I recomend it, not relay, I'd think about upgrading the supply either way, but if your pulling down at least 30 combined it should get you where you need to be for now.

well my comp is realy old since 2002 the core speed is onlt 1.81 GHZ not realy fast for a duel core 2