Hotmail in Win7: Multiple Attachments Applet??

Jammin1911Jammin1911 Icrontian
edited September 2009 in Science & Tech
Hey all!

So, my dad uses hotmail and I recently moved him to a Windows 7 PC. Everything seems great except I can't seem to get the Java applet to install in hotmail that allows you to attach more than one file at a time.

His primary use for his hotmail involves multiple attachments, sometimes dozens, so it's a big pain in the butt for him to do it one at a time.

I googled but couldn't find any solutions - only others with the same problem in Vista.

I can't imagine that nobody has come up with a solution to this is Vista has the same problem???

I've tried Firefox and IE both.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks so much!!

John

Comments

• fmuellerfmueller Auckland, NZ Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I have also been using Hotmail for a long time, but I never knew such an applet existed - gonna have to look into it now :D

Anyhow, the way I usually solve this problem is to create a zip file out of all the files I want to attach, which is very quick to do, and then attach the single zip file. I use that for example to send photos to my dad.

It's a crutch and the people on the other end need to be able to unzip your file - which can be an issue with somebody as computer literate as my dad - but it can actually make the attachment size smaller and speed up the whole process on your end. Might be worth a try for your dad.

Best of luck

Frank
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Do other java applets work for him?

Maybe this is the problem.