Silent, Cool, Low Power, Cheap GPU?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited September 2009 in Hardware
Looking to slowly streamline my computer over the next few months starting with my graphics card to eventually be a much more quiet, cooler running and lower powered system and looking for some input. For now I am looking to spend $100 +/- $20 for a new graphics card that outperforms my current Radeon X800 XL while doing the above mentioned though I am unsure if this is realistic I have no clue about the hardware out now a days. I'll be buying Windows 7 as soon as it hits the shelves and I already run the Win7 RC beta if that helps at all.

I am running an AMD Phenom II X4 920 on a Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P MB

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    RWB wrote:
    Looking to slowly streamline my computer over the next few months starting with my graphics card to eventually be a much more quiet, cooler running and lower powered system and looking for some input. For now I am looking to spend $100 +/- $20 for a new graphics card that outperforms my current Radeon X800 XL while doing the above mentioned though I am unsure if this is realistic I have no clue about the hardware out now a days. I'll be buying Windows 7 as soon as it hits the shelves and I already run the Win7 RC beta if that helps at all.

I am running an AMD Phenom II X4 920 on a Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P MB

For a balance of cool, power efficient and fairly quiet you should pay strong consideration to a Radeon 4770.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102853&cm_re=4770-_-14-102-853-_-Product

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-4770,2281-9.html
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    ATI's HD 4770 is a great choice.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Can't go wrong there.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Thanks guys that may just be the card I want then. Now for that next paycheck in 5 days :)