Short-Media's "rox0rs box0rs" babe wallpaper

BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseurThere's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
edited January 2004 in Internet & Media
My first "real" attempt at actually doing something in Photoshop. Took me like 2hrs :bawling: but finished it with the help of Citrixmeta (:rockon: ). I now have a higher respect for anyone that really knows Photoshop. A beating goes to whoever asks for it in teal :rarr: Aside from that, I hope you guys like. Comments, suggestions and even constructive criticism is appreciated. :)

[EDIT]Corrected text[/EDIT]

Comments

• fuxorfuxor i live in a giant bucket
    edited January 2004
    hehe awesome :)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Is she even wearing any? ;)

Nice work.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2004
    Suggestions...? Lose the sign. ;)

I like the background texturing, the grunge look can sometimes be overdone and look cheesy, but you have done it fairly well. Personally, as a desktop BG, I would find the yellow too bright and the girl too "sharp." I would tone the yellow down a bit, and blend the babe in a bit to reduce her brightness, plus feather her edges to soften the matte a little.

Dexter...
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited January 2004
    The background is very good. I agree with Dexter. Work on the edges around her hair and watch that black line at the top of the paper she's holding. The paper is done quite well but it loses a bit of realism right on the top edge.

Play with the color balance a bit on her. She's a little to saturated compared to the background. Otherwise...pretty damn good! :)
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited January 2004
    Nice :thumbsup:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    w00t! gota new wallpaper!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Very nice! Reminds me of how little I actually know about photoshop :D

(where's the Babe filter? I've been looking for it... is it a plugin?)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Use feather for the edges... feather is all you need my friend :)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Dexter wrote:
    I would tone the yellow down a bit, and blend the babe in a bit to reduce her brightness, plus feather her edges to soften the matte a.
    Could you elaborate more on the feather. What end result would It give? I didn't mean for the girl to be actually in the background. I forgot to add the shadow. How can I tone down the brightness on her?
    edited January 2004
    Dont take this as a gay thing but cant you post the background without the ? My g/f bout had my nuts on the wall when she saw that !
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    i will wait on the improved version.
    but nice work
    edited January 2004
    Dont take this as a gay thing but cant you post the background without the ? My g/f bout had my nuts on the wall when she saw that !

That collar getting tight yet Gnome?? :bigggrin: :bigggrin:

Dexter...
    edited January 2004
    Could you elaborate more on the feather. What end result would It give? I didn't mean for the girl to be actually in the background. I forgot to add the shadow. How can I tone down the brightness on her?

Do you have the babe as a separate layer? If so, select that layer for editing, and do an adjustment on the brightness, saturation, etc. Then, select the outline of the girl, cut her out, paste her into a new image, shrink your selection by 5 pixels, then feather it back out by 5 pixels. Copy all, and re-paste into the main image. Then add about 10% layer transparency to soften her into the background a bit. That wasy she is still in the foreground, but she does not lok so "pasted in", just more subtly layered over-top of the BG.

Dexter...
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    :nudge: :Pwned:
    edited January 2004
    Har Har Har!!! that collar is gonna be taken off real soon prolly wed she wont be happy when i break it off!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Har Har Har!!! that collar is gonna be taken off real soon prolly wed she wont be happy when i break it off!
    You go through girlfriends like most of us go through socks :sawed:
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    That's gone on my wallpaper!

~Cyrix
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    BREAKING NEWS: GNOME HAS A GIRLFRIEND

Update at 11:00

11:00 rolls around

ALERT: GNOME HAS BEEN THROUGH SEVEN GIRLFRIENDS SINCE THE LAST UPDATE. STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS.
    edited January 2004

What do you do, pencil the dumping-to-be in your dayplanner?? ;D

Dexter...
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited January 2004
    Dexter wrote:
    What do you do, pencil the dumping-to-be in your dayplanner?? ;D

Dexter...

C'mon...Gnome is more high tech than using a "pencil". He just sets it once as a repeating appointment in his Outlook. Lessee...Monday...10:45 dentist. 11:30 dump girlfriend. 11:50 Find girlfriend...Tuesday...hmmm...there's that 11:30 appointment again.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    hehehe, here is a more personalized version of the wallpaper, also done by Virtues of Evil
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    :ninja:

w/o the leishi part...
    edited January 2004
    Id never get to that appt if it wasnt for my sony Clie' na I am not that bad! just having problems finding the right one!