Options

svvchst32 (again)

Hello there, first time here :-) I was attacked today by svvchst32 (zonealarm began complaining), and a short google search made me come here to ask for help. I found this thread already: http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85580 Following the advice there I downloaded Malwarebytes' anti-malware and let it scan my system (an IBM thinkpad, BTW, an information that might be relevant when I get to the combofix step... not sure it would be wise to use it on that system because they require XP installation disk, and the IBMs come with a hidden partition for XP system recovery not a CD). Anyway, Malwarebytes found infected objects, which (to me) seem like an old virus that was detected in the past and quarantined back than. I attach the log file, and appreciate any help in getting rid of this svvchst32 thing. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    OK... I followed the entire thread (above), including running combofix. Things look OK now (and the svvchst32.exe was removed from where it was before I ran combofix - it was in the Temp directory so I'm not sure if combofix actually removed it, or rebooting the system). If you think I should do anything more, please let me know. Thanks for the useful information on that other thread.