War Craft 3 CD Problem

DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
edited January 2004 in Gaming
I know this is going to sound a bit like a crack question, but....

A friend of my son's had some game CD's stolen. He had made some ISO's of them for back up prior to this (yay for archive copies.) Some of the newer games he then re-burned to CD and had no problems with, but for some reason, the WarCraft 3 Reign of Choas one does not work. When launched, it will say "Please make sure your CD is loaded" which it is.

They asked me to fix it, and I can't. It looks like his ISO is not corrupted, and his other restored CD's work fine. I told them I thought there must be some copy protection built into the CD that prevents his ISO from working, and that he is out of luck.

Anyone know if this indeed the case? Feel free to PM if you like.

Dexter...

Comments

• edited January 2004
    There is copy protection preventing it from playing.

Check www.gamecopyworld.com for a cra..... fixed.... exe. Replace the original one with the fixed, and your all set.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    If the isos are on his hard drive, you could just use daemon tools
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    The only problem with that is if when he made the original ISOs, he didn't get all the necessary data for the copy protection. That's why he needs to visit Game Copy World.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2004
    Tried it both ways, both failed.

GameCopyWorld had an "alternate" installer, but not the executable file for the hard drive. Tried using it to install as directed. No dice.

The Daemon Tools would not work either, I tried enabling all emulations, and also tried just the SecureRom emulation. Neither worked.

Any other thoughts?

Dexter...
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    its not the iso. I had the same thing time to go foot the 30 bucks again. It sux but hey what can you do!
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2004
    its not the iso. I had the same thing time to go foot the 30 bucks again. It sux but hey what can you do!

That's what I was getting the impression would be the answer. Ok, I'll tell them that...poor kid :(

Thanks for trying guys.

Dexter...