Website templets

KometeKomete Member
edited September 2009 in Internet & Media
Alright, I know I will be tarred and feathered for asking about this, but as some of you know from my blogs that I was building a cnc machine. I never finished my DIY cnc blog but I did finish my machine. Now there are a few niche parts that I plan to make and sell to help me support my PC modding and gadgetry addictions. Which brings me to the reason for this post. I'm looking for recomendations of website templetes to use to make a storefront. I have made a barebones webpage before but I just don't have the time and will to dive into making one. I'm really lloking for something that will be easy to implement.

Eventually I plan on having a site made for me but as of now I can't afford it. Is there a website that you would recommend for website templets? Also who would you suggest for hosting?

I know some of you guys make websites for a living, so please don't chastise me. I'm just a bloke starting out and looking for some advice.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Wordpress blog + yahoo shopping cart. GO.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited September 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Wordpress blog + yahoo shopping cart. GO.

A prime example why Twitter is destroying the online forum culture.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Wordpress automates content and comes with several prepackaged templates, while Yahoo storefront automates the process of accepting credit cards and listing merchandise.

...Of course, if you had actually gone to either website, you'd know that already.

Two points for laziness?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    What thrax said is exactly the right answer.... why the negativity?
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited September 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Wordpress automates content and comes with several prepackaged templates, while Yahoo storefront automates the process of accepting credit cards and listing merchandise.

...Of course, if you had actually gone to either website, you'd know that already.

Two points for laziness?

I went man. But c'mon "Wordpress blog + yahoo shopping cart. GO." , people deserve sentences, even when asking for advice. It all comes down to the way we say things and not what we say. (In this case the way we write)

Anyways,
    I'm thinking paypal is the way to. It's what I always look for on a website. I'm also checking out intuit web building services since they bought out homestead. I already have a register domain name. I'm thinking intuit wants it created through them though.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited September 2009
    What thrax said is exactly the right answer.... why the negativity?

I'm old school and call it how I see it and homeboy either needs to get some or get some from someone else..lol
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited September 2009
    If you go with Wordpress fresheezy.com has some templates for you. :)