How to incorporate one google calendar into another and sync it with blackberry

djshowdowndjshowdown London
edited October 2009 in Science & Tech
Ok I'm not sure how clear the title is but I will explain my situation and what I would like to to which should make things a little clearer.

Myself and a business partner have set up a google calendar which we plan to share and use to put meetings and events in.

I also have a personal google calendar containing items which I don't need or want to share.

What I want to know is if there is anyway I can use my personal calendar and have it sync with the shared one? What I ideally want to do is access them seperately but have the information joined in some way on my Blackberry. Is this possible?

Also if anybody has any suggestion how this could be managed better I'm open to them.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Have you tried using Google Sync for your BB? I don't know if it'll handle multiple accounts, but it's worth a shot.
  • l3it3rl3it3r Fairfax County Member
    edited September 2009
    Google Sync on the blackberry supports multiple calendars.
    Share your 'corporate' account calendar with your personal gmail account. You'll then be able to login to Google with Gmail Sync on your bb and get both calendars.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2009
    I also just stumbled across this Tungle it's a web based app that seems to do what your looking for.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Share the work calender with your personal account, but don't share your personal calendar with the work account. I am assuming that the work calender is on a separate account. Then install Google Sync on the BlackBerry, login with your personal account and select the calenders you want to hit your BB.

You can only have one google account sync directly with your BB, but any calendar that is shared with that account can be synced. Let us know if you get it figured out. I sync 2 personal calenders, 1 family calendar, and 1 Exchange calendar to my BB all via Google Sync and Google Calendar.
  • l3it3rl3it3r Fairfax County Member
    edited October 2009
    mas0n wrote:
    Share the work calender with your personal account, but don't share your personal calendar with the work account. I am assuming that the work calender is on a separate account. Then install Google Sync on the BlackBerry, login with your personal account and select the calenders you want to hit your BB.

You can only have one google account sync directly with your BB, but any calendar that is shared with that account can be synced. Let us know if you get it figured out. I sync 2 personal calenders, 1 family calendar, and 1 Exchange calendar to my BB all via Google Sync and Google Calendar.

isn't that pretty much exactly what I said two posts up? :wink:
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Indeed it is. Not sure why I didn't see that this morning. I blame that 3rd cup of coffee.

:cheers: