No video, mouse, or keyboard. New PWR Supply fans pwr up

edited October 2009 in Hardware
No video, mouse, or keyboard. New PWR Supply fans pwr up. I read a lot of other posts that were the same problem and one person even replaced the MOBO. Sooo... I ask. If the RAM is bad would this give me the same symptoms??

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    NORRIS wrote:
    No video, mouse, or keyboard. New PWR Supply fans pwr up. I read a lot of other posts that were the same problem and one person even replaced the MOBO. Sooo... I ask. If the RAM is bad would this give me the same symptoms??

Yes, ram could be the problem.

So, as these all should start... Custom or OEM pc? Is this the first time booting it, just started happening, or did you just upgrade something? What are your hardware specs; mobo, cpu, psu, ram, etc?
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Start with just one stick of RAM. When you do, disconnect all drives and try different sticks in each slot one at a time. If that doesn't work remove the battery from the mobo for at least an hour. If this is a new build you can remove the mobo from the case and place it on a nonconductive surface with just one stick of RAM, vid card and CPU/heatsink. Also make sure all poer connectors areattached scurely. ATX connector and 4 or 8 pin +12v on mobo and any on vid card(s) if present.