gaining muscle/weight

2»

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was between 500-1500 calories during the day, based on the kind of food I get at home and how much I can fit in my desk at work.

AKA quite literally starving.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    it'll make a good story, I suppose. Been meaning to start lifting again but couldn't because of the calorie problem.

So... what should I measure for next few months? Will be interesting to see the changes on $57/month.
    edited May 2011
    Eat 2400 calories a day, every day. Keep it clean.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I meant more like lbs, waist, 2-mile time, etc
    edited May 2011
    Pounds, body fat percentage.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Technocrat,

I went through the same thing recently. I wasn't quite as bad but close; circa 1500 calories a day. Which isn't good for someone who is training hard 3 days a week, drumming 2 times a week and generally busy as hell.

Time to start counting those calories!
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I always found with gaining muscle eating loads of beans and pasta is the way to go. It's summer time again and I'm going to start gaining that muscle mass back again. I don't really get what the obsession with chicken is...

Home-made deep fried chicken, sure. Throw it in there for the extra fat every once in awhile but chicken at 11am everyday?? That's a bit much....
    edited June 2011
    tHDv1.jpg

Carbohdydrates don't build muscle. And deep fried chicken is junk food.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I know carbs don't build muscle. It's just quick energy to sustain your work out. Fat is needed, along with a lot of protein to convert into muscle. I've used my method for ages and it's worked. I'm at 11% body fat.