Looking for a mid-range laptop

ArakornArakorn Helsinki, Finland New
edited October 2009 in Hardware
I'm looking for a mid-range laptop as a secondary computer (have a high end desktop as my primary). Will mostly use in school or when going somewhere.
I was thinking of spending as much as 1000€, of course that amount is not necessary and it can be alot cheaper. I don't want a minilaptop though as they aren't powerful enough.

Even if I don't want a "gaming laptop", it would be nice to be able to play at least some games. Also, in school I use a CAD program, Solid Edge, so it would be nice to be able to do school work on the computer too. The 2D part of Solid Edge isn't that heavy, but the 3D might be (haven't tried).

Here's a list of requirements I want:
  • It should be quite lightweight and have a good battery, not of course a minilaptop but at least decent, ie no heavy bricks and at least 4 hours.
  • Blu Ray would be nice but not necessary, that way I could watch BR movies through the laptop into my TV instead of buying a separate BR station to my computer or a BR player.
  • Wireless internet of course, N-standard is plus. I don't know if Bluetooth is necessary biut it would be a good addition.
  • As I said, I'd like it to be able to play the occasional game, mostly "casual" games though
  • Also I really want to test out Windows 7 on this computer before deciding on buying it for my desktop.
  • The screen shouldn't be the biggest nor the smallest. Occasional video watching will be done, but not at the sacrifice of carrying it around and storing it.

Will post more requirements as I think of them.

Comments

• ArakornArakorn Helsinki, Finland New
    edited October 2009
    What about this guys:

HP Pavilion dv7-3015eo

AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core M300, 2 GHz
    17.3" WXGA 1280x800 BV Led
    4GB DDR 800MHz
    ATI Radeon HD4530 512MB
    320GB 5400rpm
    Blu-ray
    16-bit SB Pro -yhteensopiva 3D-ääni
    Gigabit Ethernet, WLAN b/g
    SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro/xD
    2.65 kg
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit FIN/SWE/ENG

For a bit under 800€. There's NO reviews to be found of this though, anywhere.