The Icrontic Life: From the outside looking in

DuniganDunigan Norfolk, VA Icrontian
edited November 2009 in Lifestyle

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    And this, boys and girls, is exactly what we are all about. 100%. We are the best fucking community on the Internet.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Welcome Mr. Dunigan, welcome :)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    :life:

It's pretty awesome isn't it?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, once you embrace this place and what it represents it is incredible. Glad you and so many new people made it out for the event, and hope to see you's again soon.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Awww, group hug!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    <3
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2009
    I've never even met these guys in real life, and I can still tell that this community is closer-knit than most.

Btw, I need to solve that little problem.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I can't wait for the EpIc 2010! I've been away too long from ICHQ.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Icrontic folks in real life are even better than here on the forum, which is pretty neat little feat.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    If ever there was someone that belonged here, it's Dunigan. Where the hell have you been all this time? :D
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I love Icrontic! I can't wait till the next time I'm there! :)
  • edited November 2009
    Watching the excitement on people’s faces as Technocrat walked up the drive was just mind-blowing. A lost brother had returned home
    I got chills reading that.
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    seriously, Icrontic and it's people are stupid awesome.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I wish I could make it to more events. <3 Icrontic
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Dunigan...everything you wrote was how i felt when i first went to ICHQ for the first time for Epic09 after that fateful day when i met prime and joker at the Denver airport. i even mention on the podcast that i do on how close knit everyone is in Icrontic.
    edited November 2009
    We met at the Denver airport!

What a weird, awesome world this is.
  • DuniganDunigan Norfolk, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    It was definitely the experience of a lifetime...one I plan on having many, many more times.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    welcome to the family Dunigan

now about the ass beating I owe ya...
    edited November 2009
    Yea, yea...I know...I will be ready to throw down when you are. This time it will be a fair fight...and this time...I will probably lose badly... :-/
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I've been trying to get Dunigan in this group forever! And we have so many other good friends from college that would fit right in, it's so hard to get them to understand.

Grimnoc, for instance. Whenever he does show up, he'll fit right in.

I remember one of the first things Dunigan said to me after we left ICOK was that during the event, he just sat back an observed, and it was like being at a family reunion. Everyone hugging as they arrived and laughing together. I had never thought of it in that context before, and it's the perfect allegory.

<4 Icrontic.
    edited November 2009
    Dunigan wrote:
    Yea, yea...I know...I will be ready to throw down when you are. This time it will be a fair fight...and this time...I will probably lose badly... :-/

don't worry, i hear the ladies love you already :wink:
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited November 2009
    Wanker fest...

I totally agree, having met Lynx and Bandrik at SIGGRAPH and interacting with everyone on Twitter, the site and on the IRC I knew this community was awesome and tightly nit but I was surprised just how naturally and wonderfully everyone got along at ICOK. A very special community indeed!
    edited November 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    don't worry, i hear the ladies love you already :wink:

Well....I....uh....I...I dont know about that. I mean...I'm just a skinny little guy with a sense of humor...and apparently very bad judgment when I drink...
    edited November 2009
    Dunigan wrote:
    Well....I....uh....I...I dont know about that. I mean...I'm just a skinny little guy with a sense of humor...and apparently very bad judgment when I drink...

;D

like I said, welcome to the family :wink:
  • JasonJason H. R. Chufnstuf PDX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I agree, this is a great community. Like poofie said, Brian, Matt and the rest of the Icrontic crew are stupid awesome.

Although I'm not really all that active on Icrontic myself, I've known Brian (and now Matt) for a long time, so I feel like part of the Icrontic family by proxy. As a matter of fact, I'm supposed to be visiting with my family and friends, but now that I think about it, I've spent more time at ICHQ than anywhere else. Much lulz.
    edited November 2009
    The Meat of Friendship
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    The thing is that it just kind of sucks you into it's vortex. You never return back home the same. I am so looking forward to the EXPO in 2010. Sometimes I really hate being 4000 miles away!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    It's a special goddamn kind of thing, you know?
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Yep. You will not find a better group of guys (and gals) any where. I promise you that.

I'd do anything for my friends in the IC community - drive anywhere in the country if needed. And I know they would do the same for me.

:jared:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    God damn I'm skinny.