Can't connect to internet on one os of dual boot system

djshowdowndjshowdown London
edited November 2009 in Science & Tech
Hey everybody.

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400.

I have two os' installed, both are XP.

The first os is my general purpose one which connects to the net fine using the intel wireless adapter.

The second os cannot connect to the internet at all. Everything seems like it is working ok but it gets stuck at 'Connecting to xxxxx'

I tried to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them but I keep getting a 'retry or switch to to correct the problem' error when I do.

Not really sure where to go with this.

I also have a similar problem in that audio isn't working. I will leave that to a separate thread but I thought it was worth mentioning as it might be related.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• djshowdowndjshowdown London
    edited November 2009
    Anyone?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    edited November 2009
    Thrax wrote:

Hey Thrax thanks for the reply.

This is where I am right now.

I followed the guide to the letter, uninstalling all the bits necessary etc.

I tried to connect to the net and it is just stuck when it gets to 'acquiring network address'

I tried to use that winsock fix program and got an error stating 'The VBDATA Directory could not be found'

This was accompanied by a highly annoying beep!

I'm lost :(
    edited November 2009
    Still am no further with this. None of the dell drivers will reinstall (I mentioned earlier I am having issues with audio as well as networking) and I cannot work out why I cannot connect.