new member, intro

heyjoshdotnetheyjoshdotnet Lansing, MI
edited November 2009 in Lifestyle
Lo there icrontians!

I regularly eat post-midnight breakfast with this guy from work who talks about Icrontic all the time, and after hearing about it for awhile I decided to join. I joined to read/post about gaming, but holy crap there's photo geeks here! sa-weeeet!

So here's the obligatory greeting message. I'm Josh. How-ya-doin'. I used to take pictures. I haven't clicked my shutter for anything outside of an eBay auction in over a year, it's time to fix that. Maybe here there will be inspiration and competitive motivation to get to work...

I really like selective color shots:

407398818_5d98d10389.jpg

I'm also a Squirrel-Whisperer:

414796346_9e95e631fe.jpg

My latest kick before I went into hibernation was exposure tricks that are intended to make the viewer wonder how I got the shot without photoshop:

2070488104_962a906ee5.jpg

I've been digging out my gear and getting other nonphoto projects out of the way to free up some tabletop space. All I need now is a good idea...

...sigh.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I'm no photographer (lol point and shoot), but I know outstanding and technical shots when I see them. Excellent work, and welcome to Icrontic. :)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Really like the third image. You'll fit right in with the rest of us photog-obessives!

Welcome to Icrontic, Josh!
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    squee fluffy squirrel.

also, welcome!
  • heyjoshdotnetheyjoshdotnet Lansing, MI
    edited November 2009
    The squirrel shot was fun :D I'm about 8 inches away from the little booger taking that shot. I actually communicated with it. It was digging in the snow for food, but the top surface of the snow was kinda frozen so it was hard. I'd poke a hole in the snow, he'd shoot right to it and check for food. I was waiting for him to bust out into a Disney song about looking for food or something.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Welcome, Josh! Love that third shot a lot. Welcome to the photography forum - I'm really looking forward to your work. Gotta push myself back into it as well, actually.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Welcome, Josh!
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited November 2009
    Welcome mate.. Very nice shots.. esp the squiggle ;)

I'm still new to it all but i'm lovin it so far.. Just got a full length tripod delivered so this should help with my HDR's which I also love lol.. Where I live isn't very nice and the weather is worse so lately has been indoor experiments :)