Shuttle to chop prices for Black Friday

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Hmm. I've been thinking about building a mini-itx rig from scratch, but that might be a deep enough discount to go with a Shuttle barebone setup.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2009
    I'm even thinking about it myself. Even though I live in Canada, it's probably still better to grab a 50%-off product from a US web site and pay the shipping than to pay full price from a Canadian site.

An SFF PC would be a good use of the hardware in my secondary box.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I have some experience with shuttle boxes. What I do recommend for anyone considering a performance graphics card is to stick with stock coolers that encase the heatsink for rejecting the warm air directly from the enclosure.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2009
    I have some experience with shuttle boxes. What I do recommend for anyone considering a performance graphics card is to stick with stock coolers that encase the heatsink for rejecting the warm air directly from the enclosure.

An excellent suggestion. I had an SFF PC in the past, and one of the things that really caught my attention was that the graphics card had practically zero breathing space. An enclosed cooler designed to exhaust out the back bracket is almost a must, unless you plan on purchasing a card that runs quite cool.