Mozilla adds hardware acceleration to Firefox 3.7

Comments

• faunfaun UK
    edited November 2009
    oooh. Lets hope they first sort the crashing problems properly eh.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Well, you sort of know what you are getting into when its an Pre Alpha 1 release, has a bomb as an Icon, and is code name "Minefield".

With that said, it hasn't crashed on me yet, and I've been scouring the web for deals.
  • faunfaun UK
    edited November 2009
    3.6 isnt even released yet, why wont they work it into a 6.5 release instead of a .7
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    It's probably a significant enough change to the core to warrant a separate dot release. Adding an entirely new level of rendering would qualify in my book.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Chrome, what?
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Ah finally, hardware acceleration in 3.7! Maybe it's time for me to switch from IE6!

Or maybe not?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    :tim::tim::tim::tim::tim::tim:
    The time to switch from IE6 was about 6 years ago. Way to miss the boat... about a dozen times.

Oh... and IE6 doesn't have hardware acceleration either. So what you're implying doesn't even make sense. Then again that's about par for the course.

/me feeds the troll.
  • edited November 2009
    Any idea why scrolling is far smoother in Chrome than in Firefox?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    MachineDog wrote:
    Any idea why scrolling is far smoother in Chrome than in Firefox?
    Scrolling is just as smooth in Firefox as Chrome for me... perhaps you have some shady plugins installed? Or are lacking proper video card drivers?
  • edited December 2009
    You know, now that I'm looking into it further, it seems to be an issue with only certain pages with large amounts of flash ads or ajax. In particular, Google Reader gives me issues. Tried this with all addons disabled.
  • edited December 2009
    Scrolling with the middle mouse is much smoother in firefox than chrome