I Need a ini file extracted from Nforce560.exe

edited December 2009 in Hardware
Hello all. I read the very informative guide you guys posted about slipstreaming and was hoping I could ask a favor. I can't seem to extract the ini files from the Nforce560 drivers. I keep getting a very vague "Error" message. I would be very appreciative if someone here could do so for me.

Ps. This place is definitely going on the ever expanding favorite list of tech forums I visit.

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    How are you trying to extract it? I know many installer .exe files are archives that can be deconstructed with a standard Zip utility.
  • edited December 2009
    How are you trying to extract it? I know many installer .exe files are archives that can be deconstructed with a standard Zip utility.
    I have so far tried three separate programs two of which I don't remember winimage was the latest. Any recommendation of what program I should try next.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Also: welcome to Icrontic :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    First: Welcome to Icrontic. :)

Second: If the EXE cannot be extracted via a program like WinRAR or WinZip, then you will need to execute the installer without closing it, or proceeding to the installation. Go to the temp directory on your PC and you'll find the temporary folder it uses to extract all of the EXE's contents, at which point you can copy it to a safe directory and poke through it to find what you need.
  • edited December 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    First: Welcome to Icrontic. :)

Second: If the EXE cannot be extracted via a program like WinRAR or WinZip, then you will need to execute the installer without closing it, or proceeding to the installation. Go to the temp directory on your PC and you'll find the temporary folder it uses to extract all of the EXE's contents, at which point you can copy it to a safe directory and poke through it to find what you need.
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. (I'll post in the introduction thread later.)

Thanks for the help. I'll try that out after I feed myself, take a nap and no longer feel lazy. If I have any issue's I'll be sure to report back. Thanks again.