Dell Inspiron 1545 display problem

edited June 2010 in Hardware
Hi everyone,

I have a 6-month old Dell Inspiron 1545 which has been working fine all this while, but when I turned it on last night, there were horizontal pink lines on white images, and flickering green lines on black images. I have no idea how this happened! It was functioning normally at work, then half an hour later, after getting home and turning it on, the problem was there. The laptop was not dropped or bumped in that half hour period.

I went to the Dell website for info and then ran the LCD Built-In Self Test. There were no distortions or lines during the test, and the screen also appeared normal during the preceding PSA Diagnostics. But when Windows starts up, the color/line problems appear again.

Any ideas on what is wrong? All info/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Additional info:

Dell Inspiron 1545
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
T6400 @ 2 GHz
4.0 GB RAM
32-bit OS
Windows Vista

Generic PnP Monitor on Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

- Problem also occurs in Safe Mode
- Most blue images appear normal

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Hey wazzup, i have the exact same problem, i was using my del 1545 this morning, and when i got to school and start it there was this horizontal yellow thing in the middle, and they only appear when the colors of the screen are gray, have you got any answers?