Options

Got a crippling virus! Help!

I was recently surfing the net on a humor site called encyclopedia dramatica, and i was attacked with viruses. I couldnt do anything and i was owned. In an attempt to save the windows installation, I took out the hard drive and scanned it with AVG 9.0 and sure enough there were a couple of trojan horses. I deleted both and was on my way. When i booted the computer again, it worked, but there was still something wrong with it. On fire fox, the home page is now google.nl. Also, when attempting to install anything, the installation process just wont install it. the program will be running, but something is blocking it. I am also very concerened about it because I cannot open any antivirus application at all. I double click and it doesnt do anything. even tried using the command prompt to launch it. I also tried opening the task manager to delete suspect processes, but i couldnt open that either. sad.gif
and it also changed my desktop background to green with a black box in the middle that says "your system is critically infected!"
I really hope i am not screwed!

if anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated.

Comments

• revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi wumpus, I would post a HijackThis log as if you do get help, they will need one.