Dragon Age: Origins Bonus Content

RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
edited January 2010 in Gaming
Hey IC,
I have a problem and was wondering if anyone had a solution. I just reinstalled Dragon Age. I did so and for wha ever reason, all my bonus edition content from the game is gone. I can't even see them in the availible section. I already selected Download Previously Purchased Content in the options. Did anyone else have this kind of problem, and found a solution?
Rex

Comments

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    For those that had the same problem, we found the solution here:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/81613

Shame on Bioware for making a reinstall this painful and elaborate to get their updater service working.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I haven't had any of the DLC I PAID FOR a month before the game was released work at any time. I've done every step in Preacher's suggested link multiple times with no success. I've given up. It's still a great game but this is the last time I ever buy a game even remotely connected to EA. Nothing against Bioware but I never got any of the expansions included in the BF2 collection to work due to "invalid CD keys" (the keys printed on the back of the manual) and the DRM included with Spore made it the most frustrating installation I've ever dealt with despite the fact that it was one of the most pirated games of 2008. Is this just me bashing on EA? Possibly, but I've purchased many games over the years and the only ones I can remember having problems with had the letters EA printed on them somewhere. Whether it's coincidence, bias, or just plain ranting you can't argue that the most comprehensive solution to this problem (as posted by Preacher) takes up a whole TWENTY ONE PAGES in MS Word 2003 at size 12 font. I'm fairly certain this was posted by someone not employed by either Bioware or EA, just a helpful volunteer. Which makes me wonder, why are they leaving it up to the customers to solve problems like this, problems which are had by more than just a random few customers? No matter which company is responsible for correcting this problem the response I discern is, "We don't know or care, YOU figure it out."

/rant