What brand was your first computer?

2»

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    ZZT. Hour and hours and hours of ZZT. I made several of my own ZZT mods as well.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    LEMMINGS!

And some Lode Runner, and King's Quest, and some racing game that sucked.
  • MaxenWMaxenW California
    edited January 2010
    Snarkasm wrote:
    LEMMINGS!

And some Lode Runner, and King's Quest, and some racing game that sucked.

LEMMINGS!! YES! I found a DOS copy of it when I was sorting through my pile of computer related stuff and doing a purge.. the Lemmings survived it yet again.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I bought a version of it for PS3, but it's just. not. the same.

-sigh- Memories.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited January 2010
    Prince of Persia- the original 2D Platform version
    Cosmos Cosmic Adventure
    Duke Nukem - 2D Platform Version
    The Original Sim City
    Sim Tower
    Winter Olympics - Lillihammer 1994
    Descent
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    On the 286, I didn't have any local games. All the games I played were out in the cloud, er, on BBSes. I played tons of Legend of the Red Dragon. It blew my mind when we got our Packard Bell a couple years later with a color monitor and I saw that the game had colored text. We won't even talk about RIP graphics.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    My first computer was some no-name beige box running, I think, an 80486DX (or something similar). It had windows 3.1 on it but primarily booted into a custom built DoS shell. The first computer that I used extensively was an NEC that my dad bought for work but never learned how to use. It had a P1 133MHz and ran Windows 95. Ah, those were the days of salad and glory, trolling MS Comic Chat when I could actually get through on a line to AOL (or to the local community college which offered free dial up internet to students, my dad was taking CAD courses at the time).
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    The first computer I got to use was the family IBM computer which I can't remember the model or what processor it had or anything. It ran a DOS Shell and I remember playing lots of Qbert, Das Boot, King's Bounty, Bubble Bobble, Wolfenstein 3D, and my older brother's text adventure he wrote in basic. It was called "Marooned" and it was wonderfully hilarious and challenging. Doom ran like a slide-show on this machine, it took about 3 seconds for the shotgun firing animation to complete.

My Grandma had an Apple IIe which I played like crazy for all the years she had. Made me sad when she got rid of it. Played lots of Sticky Bear and this crazy Pinball game where robots would randomly scatter trash all over the screen which you had to get rid of or something. I wish I could remember its name because it was the first game I tried to find cheat codes for.