Laptop won't load Windows XP

halime65halime65 Florida
edited January 2010 in Hardware
Hi! I was directed here by someone who said you guys have the smarts to help me out. I am in real deep doo-doo.:eek3:

I had/have a virus and went and bought Panda anti virus but before I could complete the scanning I had to re-boot and now all I get is a black screen.
Let me tell you that I have no money to take it anywhere.
I have no Windows CD.

I was told to use F8 while computer is turning on and go into safe mode but what happens is that I get a bunch of sentences that look something like this:

partition(1)\windows\system32\drivers\isapnp.sys

What can I do? Is there anyway to get the Windows to load?

The only things I need on this computer are notes I have saved onto the desktop.

I feel so distressed and like an idiot.:crazy:

Any help would be appreciated. If someone can help me get it working again I will send a token of my appreciation in a gift card. (not a huge amount as I am broke, but a little is better than nothing)

Thanks

Halime

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Yes, F8 and Safe mode will show a bunch of text on the screen.. just wait and eventually Windows "should" show up.

It may take 3 - 5 minutes to finish booting into safe mode.
  • halime65halime65 Florida
    edited January 2010
    Ok . I am sorry, but then what?
    Let's say Windows does load in safe mode, what do I do then to fix my problem? Can I run the anti-virus scan at that time and hopefully fix the issue?
    I am sorry for being such a computer illiterate.
  • halime65halime65 Florida
    edited January 2010
    Well, it has now been 15 minutes and the text is still there and it won't do anything!!!
    HELP!!

RyderOCZ wrote:
    Yes, F8 and Safe mode will show a bunch of text on the screen.. just wait and eventually Windows "should" show up.

It may take 3 - 5 minutes to finish booting into safe mode.