League of Extraordinary Icrontians

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Ya, saw the update. Been a very busy few weeks and I'll see if I can get time to update it tonight since people seem to want rtv (even though its usually annoying as fuck).

Is RTV annoying? Or are the players who bug the Admins to change the map when RTV doesn't go their way the annoying ones?

-Bobby
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Bobby1211 wrote:
    Is RTV annoying? Or are the players who bug the Admins to change the map when RTV doesn't go their way the annoying ones?

-Bobby

Yes, both. RTV is annoying because whenever a less played map comes on, people instantly change it to one that we may have just played. I get so sick of playing the same maps that I just stop playing tf2.
    edited May 2010
    But RTV won't show (nor let you nominate) the last X maps that were recently played. Is there an option to raise X?

-Bobby
    edited May 2010
    Nevermind. I don't feel like trying to explain. I'll get it working eventually.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Nevermind. I don't feel like trying to explain. I'll get it working eventually.

FUCK YOU JIMMEH FIXIT NAOW! :tongue:
    edited May 2010
    No?
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I've noticed an explosion in the number of speed hackers and aimbot users over the past couple of weeks, having the ability to banhammer them would be very nice.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Yea, I have to agree with Piggeh on this one, there have been more hackers about and they need to be taught a lesson. >:D
  • QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Frankly, I've found the game far more enjoyable now that we don't have RTV, largely for the reason you describe Jimmy: TF2 doesn't consist of the same 6 maps over and over again.

I'd actually be fine with removing RTV (though I think we'd want to change the rotation a bit if we did, to remove maps that are generally disliked here like 2fort. Though that doesn't bother me either. Also, to make it switch back and forth between game modes a bit).

But it would at least be nice to get admin powers working again, as we keep getting AFKers and the occasional hacker or douche, and not being able to do anything about it is rather annoying. So, please, Jimmy, when you have some time? Thanks!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Yeah can we change the map rotation to Goldrush, Badwater, Dustbowl, and Pipeline? It'd be so much easier than RTVing back to them all the time. Kthx bye.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I won't be on tonight, I have a going away part of sorts in South Bend. I don't think they'd like it if I didn't show for my own party.
    edited May 2010
    Koreish, that's not much of rotation, three payload maps plus turtlebowl won't be good for people. We need maps like Turbine, Steel, Granary, and CP Well to balance it out.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    CASHWORKS AND WARPATH! I don't care if it kills the server if fills up with IC members every wednesday and if you bail on those maps you have to spend a night in linc's bed.
    edited May 2010
    What aboot ignition?
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Ignition's not bad, but I feel like the version we have on the server is pretty unpolished. It's the first version that saw public use I think. Feel free to add it, but I feel like it would benefit from RTV after a couple rounds.
    edited May 2010
    Steam update servers are getting hammered thanks to fixing all the bugs from patch 119, can't even launch the game without getting an error.
    edited May 2010
    cola wrote:
    Koreish, that's not much of rotation, three payload maps plus turtlebowl won't be good for people. We need maps like Turbine, Steel, Granary, and CP Well to balance it out.

:thumbupWho has two thumbs and was being a sarcastic douche? Koreish that's who.:thumbup
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Who has one thumb and is the lead singer in Hatebreed?

Jamey Jasta, that's who.
    edited May 2010
    Sure, you have two thumbs...BUT TWO LEFT HANDS WTF YOU FREAK!
    edited May 2010
    Hahah, IC what u did thar
    edited May 2010
    Admin works again.
    edited May 2010
    Thank You TiberiusLazarus! <3:thumbsup:

-Bobby
    edited May 2010
    THANK YOU JIMMEH!
    edited May 2010
    FUCK YOU JIMMY!
    edited May 2010
    Winfrey wrote:
    FUCK YOU JIMMY!

For truth.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Oh look... I'm on first shift this week, I'll be able to participate in LoEI for once. The server will probably die early this time too knowing my luck :'(
    edited May 2010
    Barring those pesky customers calling in, I'll be there from 9pm-1am EST. In the past if we get at least a few guys around 9 to jump start the server, we get a good amount of players for at least an hour or so.

Honestly, I had the most fun I have had on Hydro in quite a while while playing on IC last Friday, full server. I think if we let the server take it's natural rotation and only change if a democratic RTV passes, we should be able to hold on to a few pubs and get in a good few hours.

-Bobby
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I should be on tomorrow night, barring who know what.
    edited May 2010
    Probably not going to be playing tomorrow night or much at all for a while. Main rig is down, can't ID the problem, don't have another board/cpu/ram/video laying around to test with, so I am running on the lappy for now. Will try to play using laptop, but this POS was never designed for gaming.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    C'mon TF2.... finish updating!