Karting: CES After Hours

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited January 2010 in Lifestyle

Comments

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Y'all suck, I finished that track at 28.153 seconds last time I was there. Check my scores on their website if you don't believe me :tongue:. I would've at least thought that Pete would beat me.

-drasnor :fold:
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Looks like an awesome time. /envy
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Go Karts are rigged, the fat guy always looses :*(
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Not necessarily Cliff, the fat guy's kart never skids...

-drasnor :fold:
  • PetraPetra Palmdale, CA USA
    edited January 2010
    Watch it, I've got video of a couple of the pileups you guys caused out there ;-P
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    <- Pileup free. Wish I could say the same about my buddy Pete!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Ah, that must have been great. I love the CES parties almost always involve extreme overclocking.

I went to a kart track that sounds very similar to Pole Position near the D when I was up there last spring for my buddy's bachelor party. I don't recall the name unfortunately. Race length seemed about the same though.

You're not kidding about the physical nature of it all. We raced three times that day, and the next day, my body ached more than it ever has after any exercise routine. It is intensely physical, and your body will remind you of that the next day.

There's nothing like racing a quick kart like that with slicks on polished concrete. When you power a sweeping corner and feel the back end slide out behind you, man, pure exhilaration.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    It may have been Kart 2 Kart, Bobby.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    You're not kidding about the physical nature of it all. We raced three times that day, and the next day, my body ached more than it ever has after any exercise routine. It is intensely physical, and your body will remind you of that the next day.

There's nothing like racing a quick kart like that with slicks on polished concrete. When you power a sweeping corner and feel the back end slide out behind you, man, pure exhilaration.
    You just described the reason why I LOVE karts. There is nothing quite liking throwing a kart around a track. Brakes? What are they?! They should only be used in extreme circumstances.... ;D
    edited January 2010
    Shorty wrote:
    They should only be used in extreme circumstances.... ;D

like not blasting the stopped kart that has spun sideways at full speed. I think that's the only time I've used them...

yep, kart 2 kart is it. They've got a great circuit there. Highly recommended for anyone in the D.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    28.688 was my best lap. Search for "Icrontic - peter" to see how we did.

Alex, if you've got videos of the event, post them up! Just leave out the last lap of my final race where I had to do a three-point-turn to get out of the barrier ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    You can delete a video, but I can never unfeel the shame I had for you, Peter Gill.
    edited January 2010
    The weight of your shame is surpassed by my own. I aim to some day make amends and atone for my failure.
  • edited January 2010
    i got 27.88 225 pounds... nailed it
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    This needs to be an official EPIC event
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    at $25 per race, I think it might become a bit cost prohibitive for Expo :D
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I'd love to go back, but man, it is expensive. That's a quick $25, too.

Worth it, but with the high expense of Expo in general, I don't think I'd be up to footing the extra for Karting. (especially considering I have to fly in to the D this summer)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    So we should make our own and race them around the neighborhood!!!!11!!111!one!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Shame, I am a BIG karting fan (and so is the wife). You guys would have a challenge on your hands :cool:
    edited January 2010
    Shorty wrote:
    Shame, I am a BIG karting fan (and so is the wife). You guys would have a challenge on your hands :cool:

But Shorty, how can you race if
    you can't reach the pedals?

man, sorry, that was uncalled for. In a slightly witty mood today :vimp:
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    at $25 per race, I think it might become a bit cost prohibitive for Expo :D
    True, but it could be along the lines of the golf event.
    edited January 2010
    i got 27.88 225 pounds... nailed it

AHAHAH! Ramsom, you're a human calculator!