I'm not getting a signal to my monitor, keyboard, or mouse

edited January 2010 in Hardware
Okay, so I borrowed my boyfriends graphics tablet, and with my computer off, i plugged it into, with an extention, the mouse plug (I realize now it should have been a USB). I turned my computer off hard, the switch in the back, replugged everything the right way, and now my monitor, keyboard, and mouse won't get a signal. I retried, nothing. While it was on, I then unplugged everything, replugged and got a signal to my keyboard and monitor, but no mouse. This time, I turned it off right, restarted and no signals whatsoever again. I don't know what else to do.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Okay, I'm on my computer now.
    I let my computer run for a little, then I unplugged the mouse extension (my mouse needs it to go in the mouse port, otherwise the tip is for a USB port), and as soon as i did that everything showed up immediately. I then plugged my mouse into the USB and it's working fine. I'm scared to use the tip now.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I wouldn't bother using the extension... If the mouse is USB, why bother using the old round PS/2 port? The mouse should work fine via USB.