Windows loading problems and randomn crashes

edited February 2010 in Hardware
hi guys i brought this pc in november and since last month ive been getting trouble with this machine

windows crashes randomly and sometimes it works fine
when it crashes sometimes it hangs up System hangs up at detecting IDE drives and when i switch off the machine and try it again it works normal until the windows logo comes up then i have to select last known configuration and then it works fine

then sometimes it crashes again when im just doing my work

sometimes i get disk boot failure!
again when i restart couple of time it seems to wrk past that and works for acouple of hours b4 it crashes again

i ran check disk and it says its a clean volume after fixing it errors then a couple of days later the same cycle gets repeated!!i never move my pc its always been in the same position i just dont know what to do!

Comments

• edited January 2010
    ok i ran checkdisk again which took 4 hours after the random crash which happened after a while and it read windows replaced bad clusters in file 94654 then it read volume is clean after that i ran memory test got no errors and samsung hard drive test and got no errors i also replaced the sata cable so far everything works fine then again i just finished running the diagnostic tools, , should i replace the harddrive?? or leave it?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    ok i ran checkdisk again which took 4 hours after the random crash which happened after a while and it read windows replaced bad clusters in file 94654 then it read volume is clean after that i ran memory test got no errors and samsung hard drive test and got no errors i also replaced the sata cable so far everything works fine then again i just finished running the diagnostic tools, , should i replace the harddrive?? or leave it?

It sounds like you might have nailed down the issue. Before replacing more parts, keep an eye on the system and see if it continues to exhibit any of the previous behavior. If it stays stable, you nailed it.
  • edited January 2010
    thank you for your reply!
    so what should i replace the harddrive?
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited February 2010
    what or when ?? I just went through the exact thing and triped over the chkdisk thing and it "replaced" (thought mined saided "repaired") and haven't had issues since. Have no desire to replace my Raptor 74, but will be more mineful of backups until it "dies"!