Comparing two 92mm fans

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Hardware
http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/fan-65.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/fan-35.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/fan-32.html

*edit..i meant 3*
What do you guys think about these threefans? Which do you think will cool down a thermalright slk900?? I mean alunium does dissipate heat quicker...but the enermax has more cfms at a quiter noise.....Which do you think will be better?? Not to mention the OEM.... but i dunno...its OEM

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    If those were the only 3 I would get the Enermax because it can vary the speed. It will always be on high anyway so remember that since you are folding.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Go with the enermax one, comes with a fan grill to, hehe It won't be to loud either and puts out sufficient cfm also.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    man...just cuz im folding doesnt mean im going to go crazy with the cfms....
    what about the OEM...i mean if im concerned with sound and performance...wouldnt one wanna go with that
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    assuming all the specs are true, i personally would go with the OEM one, it got the best CFM to noise ration to me in those 3 fans.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    How about getting a powerful Delta, but feeding it 7V instead of 12? The mod takes 4 seconds.

7voltmod.jpg

The picture shows a mod to the PSU molex directly, but it´s even easier to do it on the female connector on the fan itself, providing it has a molex off course.

It´s possible tu use old molex connectors but i suggest buying a few with the aluminum pins. Then just use a small plyer, grab the pin inside the molex and pull it out. While still grabbing the pin, push it in where the modpicture says.
    edited June 2003
    i swear....u ppl and the mods... IT NEVER ENDS!!
    how many cfms will the delta push at 7v? and how loud will it be. Remember...i dont wanna hear this damn thing at all
    (manily because i will have 7 folding rigs underneath my dorm room bed...and lets face it....every little dba counts)
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited June 2003
    Why pay for a delta when you dont even use it at full speed, ever?
    I say the OEM one.
    ~dodo
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    leishi85 said
    assuming all the specs are true, i personally would go with the OEM one, it got the best CFM to noise ration to me in those 3 fans.
    True but it only has 2 more CFM's then the Enermax at the lowest speed. Atleast with the Enermax you can go higher if needed.
    edited June 2003
    hmmm...oem or enermax...oem or enermax....man this is a tough descision to make....but i think im going with the enermax...u pplz got a point...i can up it if i want to.....like during the day...when no one is around...mwahahahahahah
    edited June 2003
    Good choice Wug. If you are using a slk-900 ten I'm assuming you will be overclocking so the enermax will do well.
    edited June 2003
    screw overclocking....i just want the damn comp to be quiet for once!!!
    edited June 2003
    The reason I mentioned overclocking is because of your choice for a slk-900. Now to the noise problem: This box will be a folding rig correct? The oem fan would save you some money and still be quite along with an output of 49cfm however.
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited June 2003
    Mediaman is wise. Follow the Mediaman.

Mediaman has bolted a billions of fans into billions of cases. Mediaman has pumped over 1700 CFM through cases. Mediaman has shoved 3000 PSI into heatsinks. Mediaman learned lesson through all this.

Loud fans suck.

The secret to efficient and quiet cooling is simple. Repeat after me...

"In through the lower front...out through the upper rear."

You do not need high RPM fans. Often a combination of lower RPM and quieter fans will do a better job than a single loud demon. (or even two). You'll find that you'll want more CFM exhausting than intaking.

:)
    edited June 2003
    i alkready bought the enermax fan.....but thats because i found it for 7.99 at directron.com, and lets face it...3 bucks isnt gonna make that big of a diffference in my pocket AND i get to up the cfms whenever i damn well please. Also, its 28dBA, thats like silent...i wont even be able to hear that over the psu fan, lol.