REOVERCLOCK OPTERON 175/MSI NEO-4F?

FresnoaceFresnoace CALIFORNIA
edited January 2010 in Hardware
Last year I had it overclocked to 2.7ghz, running fine with big Zalman cooling. After major software crash, I have been reluctant to overclock it again without guidance. I accidentally threw away all of my old BIOS overclock settings. I remember that I had to run up the CPU and VID voltages to one notch above maximum recommended MSI settings, but I am fuzzy on the other memory and speed settings. Thanx if you can help.

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I may not be much help, since I just checked my BIOS and many of my settings are still on "Auto." I have a different mobo/chipset, but a similar processor (Opteron 165), so I thought I'd share, anyway.

My chip didn't OC as well as yours did. I think I slept through all the good overclockers and bought mine when the good steppings were gone. Plus, my board doesn't give much extra CPU voltage without modding, my RAM doesn't OC at all, and I didn't have money for fancier cooling. Alas.

Short version: what I did was find a bus speed I wanted to run my chip at (using the default multiplier), and then find the RAM divider that would keep that frequency reasonable for my RAM.

Without further ado:
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited January 2010
    What is your memory? Also let me go see if I can find any of my notes as I believe I did the 165, 170, 175 gambit a couple of years ago! Will try to get back to ya tonight if you still need some suggestions.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited January 2010
    Sorry bum stear as my 175 notes suck seems I was having issues. If you think it would help my 165 & 170 notes are a wee bit better.