Need Help Please

edited January 2010 in Hardware
ok well i have a problem.Well to get things started i decided to turm my pc off to give it a break and when i turned it back on later that day it said "Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware Configuration Problem" so i used my brothers pc to search on the internet what the problem was and they all said to use the recovery console and thats where another problem come into play i cant boot from disk unless i unplug the hard drive from the pc becuase for some reason the pc wont recognize any keyboard but the key board works once you get into the windows setup but anyway i've been doing everything i possibly could and still nothing.i ran chkdsk and it said "volume has one or more unrecoverable problems" and i really dont know what the problem is.Oh and my pc is a Dell Dimension C521.I would really appreciate it if someone would help me out please and thank you

Comments

• jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited January 2010
    Sadly the last time I had that kind of issue I had to do a total re-install of windows. :(

Hope someone can come up with something less painful! :)
  • edited January 2010
    A total re-install of Windows how do I do that
  • QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    You'd need to wipe the hard drive and re-install Windows from the disc...but if you're having troubles with a keyboard while the drive is installed...hmm. I'm not sure.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited January 2010
    Just be aware that if you do start having problems with the KB during install, make sure num lock is on as well as "F"key lock (if the kb has that) I had a very frustarting time a "long time ago......" while doing an install. Also when the format for the hdd part comes up do it the full meaning long time way. Just go have a cup of coffee or a soda and check status every now and then.

At least you're not like me as all of my XPs are SP1 or less......talk about taking a long time to re-install! :hair::crazy::eek3:;D