How Should I Do My Worklogs??

jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
edited February 2010 in Hardware
Okay ladies and gents (really like the lady part!) as one of the new kids on the block thought I put a question out to the “regulars” concerning my potential work logs. Been doing stuff for a while and have a few worklogs I’d like to share. HOWEVER…….while there is at a minimum of about 4 – 5 computer cases involved most have gone through numerous changes. That is the reason for the version numbers in my sig.

So the question is, Should I condense the builds as much as possible to show the mods or just burn up space with each revision??

<O:p
So YES means summarize, NO means show each version in detail, and DON’T CARE mean just that.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Showing each system would be what I would do. As soon as I get my server working, I'll be adding it to my sig. My desktop is crying right now also, but that is another story. So, I would summarize each system, but dont keep any extra info about previous builds of that system). For example, one of the guys on here has a folding farm and has info on each comp in his sig.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited February 2010
    natravis wrote:
    Showing each system would be what I would do. As soon as I get my server working, I'll be adding it to my sig. My desktop is crying right now also, but that is another story. So, I would summarize each system, but dont keep any extra info about previous builds of that system). For example, one of the guys on here has a folding farm and has info on each comp in his sig.

Have no intention to least more than just the current version if that is what you're getting at. As a matter of fact there will only be two units listed in my sig shortly. What I ment was to show a worklog for v1.0, then v2.0, etc. With the exception of just mobo/cpu changes but where there case modding to make it work. :confused:
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I would not show anything besides current info. If you want to keep a log of the v1 etc, then put it in your profile perhaps, but I think that would be unnecessary in your sig. I think we are on the same page now but I could be wrong. For example, I changed video cards from 9800 GTX+ to the 285 as well as my RAM from 4GB to 8GB. I just edited those values, rather than listing the previous as "v1" of my system and the latter as "v2". Is that what you mean?
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited February 2010
    For me a version/revision i.e. v number would be a total hardware change......mobo on up or puting new stuff in one box and updating another system with the "old" along with any box modding requried to make it fit.

Like I'm trying to say, sig is not the issue but worklogs showing what it took to put each version together. Brief example would be a build origianlly called BluHaz on up to BluHaz reDux v4.0. From the original skt A, through 939, and now AM2. In the time that occured the case was modified several times to add a temp cage, add hdds where there wasn't space, painted parts, etc.

As most are mATX it wasn't just a simple slap it kind of deal.

So hope I haven't clouded the issue. :wink: