Need a little help

edited February 2010 in Hardware
I have a dell 531s single core AMD sempron processor with a 250w power supply. I am wanting to upgrade it with a new video card and processor, how ever I am totally unsure of what video card/ processor will work:confused:. I want to make it a gameing machine so I can play games like AoC, WoW, and others. I currently play WoW and it runs at 5-13fps (yes I know very low). I was looking at a AMDx2 dual core processor but unsure if I can put it in my computer, along with a nvidia 8400gs video card. Can someone please help. Thank you

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    For starters, whats your budget? I would really say any money put into a system that old would be better off saved for a $500 budget system on a more current platform (a few have been spec'ed in articles here).

To recomend any upgrade we would need to identify the motherboard in your system. Also, is your case a low profile desktop or a standard mid tower size?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    So mine was a URL fail, I had a link to your PC but when I checked it later it went to a weird page. It is a slim PC so you have to use a low profile video card. Here is an ati card that could work and a Nvidia card.Mobo
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    ^WUT