Simpleviewer Pro - Wordpress Plugin

fmuellerfmueller Auckland, NZ Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Internet & Media
OK, it's a long shot to ask here, but I am having no luck getting help in either the Wordpress support forums or the support forums for the Simpleviewer Pro plugin. So I am desperate. Also accepting virtual hugs and other encouraging gestures :banghead:

I have been using the popular NextGEN Gallery plugin on the web sites I am managing for quite some time with good success. Recently I upgraded one site with NextGEN FlashViewer, but found out that the free version can display a maximum of 50 images per gallery. Since some of my galleries have close to 200 images, I purchased Simple Viewer Pro 2.0.1, and replaced the free version of viewer.swf on my site with the one that comes with Simple Viewer Pro 2.0.1.

That solved my problem as far as the image limit per gallery goes, but the galleries seem centered without taking the Wordpress sidebar into account. Part of the thumbnails are covered by the sidebar, and the image at the top is scaled down almost to thumbnail size. See eg here.

If you try it out, you will note that the full screen view actually looks good. Also, if I use the viewer.swf file that comes with Simple Viewer Pro 1.9. (they send you that along with the newer version for reasons beyond my comprehension), the gallery view on a page is properly centered, but there is no full screen view with the 1.9 version. Since I want full screen view that's no good either.

In wp-admin under Gallery/Flash Viewer/Simple Viewer, both vertical and horizontal align are center - and they are centered, just centered with respect to the entire page width, not the area left of the side bar. :wtf:

I've described my problem in the Simpleviewer.net support forums and the Wordpress support forums without receiving any useful suggestions. Posting here on the off chance that somebody can make a suggestion.

Many thanks

Frank

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    :hugs:
  • fmuellerfmueller Auckland, NZ Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Snarkasm wrote:
    :hugs:

Thank you! I am feeling a little better already. I hate spending money on software, and $45 for a little flash thingy like this was a hard pill for me to swallow. But it seemed an ideal solution. Now it doesn't work, and has no support that deserves the name :rarr:
  • fmuellerfmueller Auckland, NZ Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Just for the record, with the help of Felix Turner, the man behind Simpleviewer, I was finally able to resolve my problem. In a nutshell, Simpleviewer Pro v2 is currently (Feb 2010) incompatible with the Wordpress NextGen Plugin. However, the problem I had with the odd positioning of galleries on a page could be fixed by disabling caption and title, which I did not need nor want. Caption and title were sitting left of the gallery and shifting everything to the right. Disabling caption and title can be done by editing the file simpleviewer.php, which can be found under:
    /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-flashviewer/xml/

Right at the beginning of the file simpleviewer.php is the tag:
    simpleviewerGallery

You can use that tag to set all the SimpleViewer config options found here.

For details see this thread. I set it to:
    simpleviewerGallery titlePosition="NONE" captionPosition="NONE"

Greetings

Frank
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the tips, Frank. Sorry we couldn't be more help, but glad you got it figured out!